Warehouse Panic

Ok. When I start it it hangs on the "...presents:" screen. No way out except switching off.
Unfortunately, the log.txt remains empty. Maybe that due to the hang - switch off?

Then I started Termula and went to the warehouse_panic folder. Just to see what would happen, I started the warehouse_panic.bin directly

The output is:
Code:
./warehouse_panic.bin: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1:version 'GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by ./warehouse_panic.bin)
When I tried the .gpe file, it messed up. That was no wonder, but too fast to read the messages.

Now (surprise, surprise) the same message is in log.txt

I telneted into the WIZ. The libgcc_s.so.1 there is dated July 9th 2008 69404 Byte vs. 74163 Byte of the file in warehouse_panic folder. I first wanted to copy the newer one to my /lib folder. But I'm afraid of messing up other dependencies. And could it be so simple?
What next? Any chance?

Hi Kasi,

I'm sorry, i didn't see your reply earlier. It should make no difference because i add current directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In the next version (coming in 5 minutes) I will move the current directory before the rest of LD_LIBRARY_PATH, maybe that will help. Other then that, i don't have FW1.1.0 so i don't know what could be wrong.

EDIT: Ok, 5 minutes + aproval time (so maybe a day ;) )
/Uni

u9i said:
Thanks Amon_Re :)

Could a mod please approve the updated verstion in the archive?

/Uni

Only EvilDragon can do that. As he's always busy it can take some time...

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:
Doh! Maybe i should have uploaded a new file instead. Oh well, there are not that many changes.

That's IMHO not so good. Many similar files with different versions are confusing and ED had more work maintaining the archive.
If you want to release it you can always sent me the file and I host it temporary on my server until the file is visible in the archive...

u9i said:
Hi Kasi,

I'm sorry, i didn't see your reply earlier. It should make no difference because i add current directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In the next version (coming in 5 minutes) I will move the current directory before the rest of LD_LIBRARY_PATH, maybe that will help. Other then that, i don't have FW1.1.0 so i don't know what could be wrong.

EDIT: Ok, 5 minutes + aproval time (so maybe a day ;) )
/Uni

Hi Uni,

No problem about the late reply. Thanks for the PN and bothering, anyway.
I will check it and let you know.

If it doesn't work, it is not too big a problem. I know, trying to maintain code for obsolete firmwares is unnecessarily time consuming. Yet, I am just keeping it for the USB ethernet function. Once the official WIFI solution is out I'll probably get one and update the FW.

Cheers,

Kasi

If there's only one thing to add, than this:

I told my wife about the cool new game. :wacko:

Well, now there is only two "old" entries left in the top 10 of which "Your Mom" is yet on 6th.
And she complained that, after some time, it just asks you to enter your name and restarts.

Well that's not my opinion. I like it. I never saw three trucks, really.
I still like it. Honest.

Do you have some more levels....?

:lol:

Kasi

OMG, she finished the last level? I made it insanely difficult because it was the last. As it was for the PACC coding competition, i didn't have time to make a "you win" screen, so we made a very steep difficulty curve and made sure that no-one could possibly finish the last level hehe... Nice job! Now i really need to release some more levels. It is on my todo-list right after getting the Dingoo version running.

I often get into a highscore-war with my girlfriend where we try to beat each other. Animatch has been played to death. Also Tail tale, Reword etc... she usually wins damit!

Thanks for the feedback :)

/Uni

u9i said:
OMG, she finished the last level?
Yep, she did. :D
...insanely...
seems an appropriate term. :blink:
... she usually wins damit!
Yeah, she's cool! B)

However, you may need a bigger screen for all the trucks and terminals...
Thanks again for the cool game.

Have fun!

Kasi

Hi Uni,

I have some more feedback from my favorite hardcore gamer:

1. There seems to be a small bug:
In the last level with two trucks, only one truck appears. The second ramp remains empty.

2. A possible reason, why maybe the last level(s) are not as difficult as intended:
From a certain level on (which I never reached), you can create circles with the conveyors setting the switches accordingly. Thus you can "park" some parcels while dealing with others more urgent. In the very last levels, there's even two circles giving you double space as interim storage.

BTW, she's hoping for more levels. :rolleyes:

cu

Kasi

The circles are on purpose. They are intended to let you be in control a little. Although if all both are completely full you are not much in control hehe, so you need some timeout ;)

There is a bug though with this circular paths, but i don't want to disclose it :rolleyes: I have also noticed some problems with the trucks. It is on my todo list.

Thanks Kasi

/Uni

Back