Warning!! Be careful with your screens!

sgbfree

Still Fresh
I have read that someone damaged their screen by rubbing it too much!

You can get special cleaners for anti-reflective screens.

yeah, its an anti reflect layer, not unlike what you can have added to the inside of
your spectacles.

I left the protective 'peelable' cover on mine for a week until I got fed up with
the reflections off it, upon removing the cover the screen was 100 times better.

It amazes me the number of people who keep the screen-cover on the unit! It's only use is to stop the screen being scratched while it is boxed. It's not designed to be kept on while in use - It's like most other covers (You'll find them on quite a few PC monitors too - But they normally have some kind of writing on, so you know you need to take it off.) you find on certain products.

You'll find that's why the unit looks better when you take it off - It's not intended to be seen-through while the unit is on... There are good after-market products that do that exact job!

yeah but its really satifying after a week to peel it off and have a minty
screen again, with no finger prints or snot on it. My screen is a disgrace
ATM i really need to find my specs case out so I can give it a wipe with
my lens cleaner

The anti-glare stuff is pretty sensible...
scratches look awful on mine.

I'm gonna get a real good glass-cover soon :)

We need craigix to make a clean room, and to replace the plastic screens for glass ones :D

You can replace it for yourself, no big deal
On craigix HP is an instruction how to remove the old cover.
Just get a good glass (scratch-free and antiglare) and replace it for yourself :)

yeah but its really satifying after a week to peel it off and have a minty
screen again, with no finger prints or snot on it. My screen is a disgrace
ATM i really need to find my specs case out so I can give it a wipe with
my lens cleaner
You really need to cover your face when you sneeze then! :lol:

I've got a second screen for the GP32 - In case I ever damage the original, so I'm quite okay at the moment...

"The GP32 - Not bad for a cheap piece of cr@p!" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
mine got scratched from rubbing it. and rubbing doesnt help, it only smears whatever is on the screen. i need something to put in front of the screen...bad...

Back