• Yes I Did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but most people I knew did

• No I didn't

• Total voters

Jarska333 posted on Jul 12 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
And I still despise people calling any first-gen Playstation PSOne. If it does not say PSone on the machine, it's Playstation. Or even PSX. :) I don't care if Sony calls them PSOne, they're stupid.

Na you cant call it a psx thats a psx

psx-news10.jpg

psx-news.jpg

psx-news13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CABBAGES posted on Jul 13 2005 at 02:00 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Jul 12 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
And I still despise people calling any first-gen Playstation PSOne. If it does not say PSone on the machine, it's Playstation. Or even PSX.  :)  I don't care if Sony calls them PSOne, they're stupid. 

Na you cant call it a psx thats a psx

psx-news.jpg

neat

Yikes, what's that? :blink:

Ah:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation

"That ain't a PSX, This is a PSX" -Crocodile Dundee- :ph34r:

"Umm, the PSOne was a small playstation and not a new console, so any game released for the playstation was aimed at both machines :/."

Not disputing that, in principle. But if you bought the machine in 1995, it was not PSOne, no matter what Sony calls them now "officially". It was Playstation. And if you call any other Playstation PSone, than the new rounded, smaller version, you're a hobbit. :)

Man has to believe in something. :rolleyes:

Jarska333 posted on Jul 13 2005 at 10:14 AM said:
Yikes at what's that? :blink:

Ah:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation

"That ain't a PSX, This is a PSX" -Crocodile Dundee- :ph34r:

"Umm, the PSOne was a small playstation and not a new console, so any game released for the playstation was aimed at both machines :/."

Not disputing that, in principle. But if you bought the machine in 1995, it was not PSOne, no matter what Sony calls them now "officially". It was Playstation. And if you call any other Playstation PSone, than the new rounded, smaller version, you're a hobbit. :)

Man has to believe in something. :rolleyes:

I agree with you completely, Jarska... That big system is a PSX, which is basically a PS2 with extra shit like a hard drive(I think) built in, along with some crap for cable or satellite TV or something. I forget what all it has, but it's more of a "home entertainment system" than just a videogame console. But you know what? I don't care... the old system is still called PSX. That's the name they originally gave to it, so that's what I'm calling it. They only started calling it PS1 or PSone because they made the PS2... they decided it would be a good idea to start giving them a stupid naming system with which everything they make is called PS-something... I don't see why it matters though, cuz PSX is still PS-something. Whatever... I'm calling it a PSX, and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

True, but that would stop me from doing ANYTHING, not just from calling the original Playstation a PSX... And I'm still gonna call it that... at least until you kill me.

thats funny because i don't remember ever seeing an ad or tv commercial or anything where Sony themselves called the playstation anything other than "playstation".

You know... You ARE right... I'm not sure where the name PSX came from... but they called it that long before even the PS2 was out.

i'm pretty sure it was just a name kicked around by a bunch of people and then got widely known around the internet. Its much easier to type PSX than Playstation, and it stuck.

KickinWing posted on Jul 13 2005 at 09:06 PM said:
i'm pretty sure it was just a name kicked around by a bunch of people and then got widely known around the internet. Its much easier to type PSX than Playstation, and it stuck.
I guess it's sort of like how software sometimes says for Windows 9x, meaning all.

I've got the hatch "sensor" held in place with duct tape and use the white/black BIOS disk-swap method. Still works like a charm, somehow.

Back