Webbased Mmo Might And Magic

UbiSoft is sponsoring this.

Think you can convince them to code up a client ?

:D Wait the PANDORA, IF never get out!!
I think to present, and play to GP2X. :rolleyes:

Well since it is webbased so it can be played anywhere without installation and it is stated that there are no minimum requirements and the Pandora will have firefox I thought we might not need a client..

There's no way this game can be pure html.

pandora supports only gnash which i believe only does flash v7 and below. I believe currently flash is at version9. If they're even using flash...

When Opera or Firefox (I'm for Opera) run onto the Pandora, imho many things could be possible. AFAIK the BROWSER has to handle Java(script), Flash and all the plugin stuff. So I think nobody needs to port Flash and co. externaly just for the Pandora itself. :) Well I'm not a coder but I think flash runs even under Linux(browsers).

If it's a Java applet, I predict good things.

I also predict that it will be able to play Runescape. (I don't want to play Runescape, but it's illogically popular.)

DARKGATE said:
:D Wait the PANDORA, IF never get out!!
I think to present, and play to GP2X. :rolleyes:
WHAT YOU SAY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The main question is, if it's just going to be HTML/Java, will the vertical size be less than 480 pixels, the height of pandora's screen.

On the other hand. Did some of the original Heroes of might and magic games run in Dos? ie, Dosbox? :)

fusion_power said:
Well I'm not a coder but I think flash runs even under Linux(browsers).
Adobe doesn't even release a x86_64 version of Flash for Linux. The Pandora's processor definitely isn't supported.

Avik said:
Adobe doesn't even release a x86_64 version of Flash for Linux. The Pandora's processor definitely isn't supported.

According to wikipedia Flash is purely x86 only. Even on windows. So an ARM port just isn't going to happen.

On a side note, Linux 64bit will happily run the x86 version as 64bit cpu's also support x86 code. Unfortunately ARM doesn't support x86 code. Being designed for low power compact devices with limited room for unnecessary features.

Zarneth said:
According to wikipedia Flash is purely x86 only. Even on windows. So an ARM port just isn't going to happen.

On a side note, Linux 64bit will happily run the x86 version as 64bit cpu's also support x86 code. Unfortunately ARM doesn't support x86 code. Being designed for low power compact devices with limited room for unnecessary features.
Uhm, even on Windows? Perhaps because Windows only runs on x86? (Yes, there was Windows NT for Alpha ages ago).
But I guess you wrong on another level: Please do not confuse x86 and 32bit. 64Bit can be x86, too (and in most cases, it is). You're right that there is now x86-64Bit Version for any operating system. Although I run flash on a 64Bit Sun SPARC Workstation.

So if there isn't a working opensource flash-solution by then, we won't have flash working I guess. Well ladies and gentlemen, this is why opensource is great and closedsource sucks.

Balzac2m said:
Uhm, even on Windows? Perhaps because Windows only runs on x86? (Yes, there was Windows NT for Alpha ages ago).
But I guess you wrong on another level: Please do not confuse x86 and 32bit. 64Bit can be x86, too (and in most cases, it is). You're right that there is now x86-64Bit Version for any operating system. Although I run flash on a 64Bit Sun SPARC Workstation.

So if there isn't a working opensource flash-solution by then, we won't have flash working I guess. Well ladies and gentlemen, this is why opensource is great and closedsource sucks.

I'm aware terminology wasn't perfect, but I think the point was still clear enough.
Both windows XP and Vista do have 64bit versions of the OS.
You've made a typo that is much more confusing than my fuzzy terminology btw. :p
Edit: wow. my post here was ever more confusing. :-||

Zarneth said:
The main question is, if it's just going to be HTML/Java, will the vertical size be less than 480 pixels, the height of pandora's screen.
Does it matter? You can scroll, can't you? It's a browser game!

Zarneth said:

On the other hand. Did some of the original Heroes of might and magic games run in Dos? ie, Dosbox? :)
There are older versions of Might and Magic for Dos, but that offcourse wouldn't be as cool as this one;)

Avik said:
fusion_power said:
Well I'm not a coder but I think flash runs even under Linux(browsers).

So what do all the LINUX guys when they want to play a Flash game under Linux or visit a Flash based website? :blink:

dpoarch said:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=467
I am pretty sure the N800 is arm and according to this it has flash

If they have Flash on ARM so we know we can have flash to. :) Nice.

Zarneth said:
Heroes of Might & Magic I and II were released on the Game Boy Color. So, they should run under an emulator?

Back