Website development

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's time to start the website development of the real Pyra website!

First step is to setup a team which will create the site.

Want to help to create the website?

Whether you can help with Graphic design, programming the site, organize the team, work on the layout, just have ideas - you can help!

Let me know in this thread if you want to help and what your experiences are / what you'd like to do.

I think it's best setting up a GIT on github where the team members can work together, push their changes and me and everyone else can test the site and give feedback / suggestions.

I can help if required, bit of experience with graphic work, html/css, though I've not used GIT other than to d/l a packaged zip before, but imagine I could get to grips with that if I needed to.

I have time most evenings to do stuff

If I can help that would be great :) I have worked with coding and making websites for I believe 4 or so years now. I can try to work with graphics if you would like me to. Well basically I will help in any way that I can.

I'd like to help also.

I have work experience in webdesign and programming. Mostly with drupal and wordpress and a bit i have worked with joomla.

My life is far too busy to commit to anything but, if I have spare moments, I'll try to take a look at whatever has been put together to see if there's anything I can suggest or improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15712-logo-discussion/page-6#entry318071

had a nice mockup

UG0cml5.png

Edit: I can try to help with whatever i can. Surely constructive feedback and help, testing with various browsers (elinks,w3m, iceweasel) and translating to Norwegian I am capable of.

Edit2: Also i can take pictures ala the ones on http://pandorawiki.org/Audio_system  CGI mockups arent quite as nice imo. Someone else could do those and we can see what pans out.

Would need an actual case to photograph, got some nifty ideas for it, doesnt need keymat or anything. Can pay for case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a couple of layouts which can be used too, should they be needed/wanted

I could proofread (in English) and do assorted graphics work (tweaking photos, or UI elements, whatever).

I would also be happy to comment on page layout & readability, but I don't actually have any kind of background in web design.

I agree too, even if i personally prefer to arrange content more space saving. Because i hate it to be forced to scroll down to get the first information overview. That is one thing I like better from the actual site. With a bit rearanging of content the page could be more informativ on first glance.

Please, that should not be a discussion how the website should look like!

It's the thread for finding the team - and THEY will be the ones to work on that :)

i'd like to help out a bit in my spare time. i have experience with Typo3, PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS and AJAX. i'm also good in writing articles (at least in german) and can provide german translations

Back