Weight

Website
Visit site
My buddy and I were just talking and we can't seem to agree on how much an average person can/should lift compared to thier body weight. (Where else to find average people than at a forum full of computer/video game nerds, right?) I think it's save to assume that the average person can lift 50% of thier weight.

What can you lift? How much do you weight? (A ratio is fine if you're embarrassed about your weight.) Thanks.

the average person should be able to lift around HALF the total body weight. So i can safely lift about 91lbs

Ironically I had a workplace accident i cant even lift a cup of coffee without being in pain. :(

bah i got to go back to work later too :angry:

Anyway mumbling aside hope that helps

I can lift about 1/3 of my weight. I don't actually *do* weightlifting, so...

LOL IS HE FAT OR JUST REALLY WEAK YOU DECIDE TONIGHT ON CROSSFIRE HARDBALL DATELINE 20/20

I often wonder around the office with printers weighing about 170lb. I've not weighed myself in a long time, but I guess I'm about 230lb. I should really join the gym one of these days :(

PSyMastR posted on Sep 4 2006 at 01:32 AM said:
I can lift about 145. Im 181.
I assume when he says 'lift' he doesnt mean one or two times. He's probably refering to bench, or just lift safely ;)

Im a lightweight, currently about 125. I can SAFELY bench approx. 75 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as I sent that I realised that might be what he meant :p. Meh.

Edit: although he did say the average person and the average person doesn't go to the gym, so I dunno how they would know the bench thing.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:27 AM said:
I assume when he says 'lift' he doesnt mean one or two times. He's probably refering to bench, or just lift safely ;)

Dude, my sister weighs 72 pounds...lol... I can lift her, as in off the ground, but I'm not sure abound benching...

I weigh about 90-95, I forgot how much...

Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:53 AM said:

Dude, my sister weighs 72 pounds...lol... I can lift her, as in off the ground, but I'm not sure abound benching...

everyone on this board is a moron. I guess you didnt read my comment, did you?

Here, ill sink to your level of stupidity: I weigh 125ish, and CAN LIFT ALMOST 150 OFF THE GROUND

dipshit.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:09 PM said:
Here, ill sink to your level of stupidity: I weigh 125ish, and CAN LIFT ALMOST 150 OFF THE GROUND
DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN FLY??

iignotus posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:19 PM said:

:p :lol: :lol: :huh:

Yes it does.

Also loubear. Who can't lift up a girl?

Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:53 AM said:

everyone on this board is a moron. I guess you didnt read my comment, did you?

dipshit.

Calm down, what's the flame for? By lift off the ground, I mean carry her around. I did read your comment, you posted how much you could bench. Since I have never benched, I had nothing to show, so I put the closest approximation of a reference I could find. <_<

@samfisher
Being female doesn't automatically turn her into a feather. <_<

I can guarantee that when you 'lift her off the ground' you dont pick her up at a decent level and walk around ;)

Besides, using your entire body to lift something is entirely different than using your arms.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:12 PM said:
I can guarantee that when you 'lift her off the ground' you dont pick her up at a decent level and walk around ;)

Besides, using your entire body to lift something is entirely different than using your arms.

Well, I just tested it out, and while it did kinda hurt and all, I managed to get to carry her around in my arms at around stomach chest level.

Edit: I don't really know how close that is to actual benching, so I'll give it to you dcgm.

I weigh 64.5kg which is apparently 142lbs.

I can bench approx 70kg/154lbs on the smith machine but I never use the free bench for fear of death due to my appalling technique.

sam fisher posted on Sep 4 2006 at 06:32 PM said:
Yes it does.

Me right now :(

Also I got to goto work in 40 minutes my job is constantly lifting items (about 2000 x 2-12kg)

clarky2o2o posted on Sep 4 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Sep 4 2006 at 06:32 PM said:
Yes it does.

Me right now :(

Also I got to goto work in 40 minutes my job is constantly lifting items (about 2000 x 2-12kg)

Ouch...

Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:12 PM said:

Well, I just tested it out, and while it did kinda hurt and all, I managed to get to carry her around in my arms at around stomach chest level.
Just stop talking. You obviously have no idea what a rep is. You can not bench your sister's weight and do reps if picking her up to waist-level hurts you. Though, I wouldn't expect anything more impressive from an 11 year old.

Back