Welcome to the updated site!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
First a quick information upfront:

This new forum is not yet finished!
It's 6am here and I need to go to bed - so not everything has been finished yet.

Here's what's left to do:
  1. Finish the navigation menu on top
  2. Include the Wikis into the website (so they can be easily edited from here with the same user permissions)
  3. Improve the forum view (for example, add "Ignore Categories" so that you can easily ignore a full section like the German boards)
  4. Fix any bugs we might encounter :D
What's new and why did I upgrade?

The old Xenforo version is no longer supported, so an upgrade was necessary simply because of possible security issues.
Also, I did import the German Forums - as I didn't have the time to maintain them anymore and they were slowly dying... as they share quite a bit of the userbase with these boards, we now have them here.
It makes browsing for all German AND English users more convenient.

The users have been merged / imported.
In case you don't understand English: Don't worry! Using the "Ignore Forum"-Function (hopefully soon with an "Ignore Category"-Function, so you can disable the German boards with one click if you like), you won't even notice these forums exist.

Besides that, the new installation has a few nice new features :)
  1. The Wiki can be comfortable included (the older forum didn't work anymore with more recent MediaWiki versions)
  2. You can set your own personal bookmarks to posts / threads and access them from your profile
  3. More convenient tiny updates (like being able to start a private conversion from a thread or being able to mark the best answer in support threads)
I will continue to improve the boards - but please let me know what you're missing and if you find any bugs.
The new XenForo version offers easy customizations, so I can do a lot of new things :)

All working for me so far. I'll have to see what I can find to complain about now, of course ;)

Edit: Ah, circular avatars. I remember we complained about that last time, and it got patched. (see below)

Edit2: Also, this edit box is *tiny*. Not sure that's much of an improvement, but I can live with it if nothing can be done about it.

Edit3: Circular avatars has been fixed. Yay!

Last edited:
It will take me a while to reorient myself to the new layout. It did come up with pop-ups about tapatalk and push notifications which I'm not so enamoured by, but generally it looks fine, and as I use it I'm sure more positives will come to light:)

Hmmm... it seems when I'm on an intermittent connection (while travelling), the page seems to be randomly dropping out on me with a connection timed out message. That might not be much fun if I'm only wanting to read posts on a page.

(oh, and no double-post merging)

Nice Job, dos this also mean the German Boards is now gone?? , There where lot of spambots in the End, so if everything is one one place, its easear to keep track..

The German Acount got merged, so dos this mean i have now 2 Acounts ?? A German from forum.gp2x.de and the English??

Its not neccessary for me, but out of curiosity: Do i now have a Moderator Status on the English Boards, because i had this on the German Boards

Wouldnt mind to lost the Powers from the German Boards, cause hear in the English Boards, whit my bad english, i wouldnd be a good Moderator, but it would be good enought to ban spambots..
But i have "Staff member" under my Profil Picture, dos this means anything ??

EDIT: Hey i can Moderate in the German Part of the Boards, this should Answer my Question (Not that i need to try this out yet, but good to know)..

Last edited:
Hmmm... it seems when I'm on an intermittent connection (while travelling), the page seems to be randomly dropping out on me with a connection timed out message. That might not be much fun if I'm only wanting to read posts on a page.

(oh, and no double-post merging)
Ahh, that's probably the auto-update of Latest Posts and New Posts when you're just browsing the site.
I thought this is useful - but not in this case, of course. I'll deactivate it.

Nice Job, dos this also mean the German Boards is now gone?? , There where lot of spambots in the End, so if everything is one one place, its easear to keep track..

They're not gone, all posts, threads and users are now here.

The German Acount got merged, so dos this mean i have now 2 Acounts ?? A German from forum.gp2x.de and the English??

No, merging means, that these two accounts are now a single one. Including all the PMs, etc.

Its not neccessary for me, but out of curiosity: Do i now have a Moderator Status on the English Boards, because i had this on the German Boards

All German mods have been moved over as well, but they can only mod the German area of the boards. Which makes sense, as most mods here can't speak German :)

@EvilDragon you answerd my Post in the German Part of the Boards, thats quite cool and shows one of the Advance of having booth at one place..

Oh and i saw one issue: on the German Part, i have my Moderator Powers, so i also saw these Options for your Post, this must be an Issue, because MOD a Administrator ??

@EvilDragon you answerd my Post in the German Part of the Boards, thats quite cool and shows one of the Advance of having booth at one place..

Yep, not having to check multiple boards is quite useful.

Oh and i saw one issue: on the German Part, i have my Moderator Powers, so i also saw these Options for your Post, this must be an Issue, because MOD a Administrator ??

No, that's okay. It can very well be an admin accidentally posts in the wrong section, etc., so why should a mod not be able to move it?

Because the Mod got a bit Respect, i mean your our "BOSS" even if you ditnt pay us,
If some Moderator gets mad, he could Ban you (by making a Trap so you have to post in the German Part (my Mouse ditnt work) , and Zack!!! Admin banned ^^ )

Back