Welcome to the updated site!

@EvilDragon : are you aware that there is no link to the DragonBox Shop in the menu ? The only one I see is the logo in the right column of the "Forums" main page, but I found it just because I was deliberately searching for it.

The popups are annoying when putting the mouse cursor over thread names because it masks other threads titles.

threads.png

Can you please remove the constant "open this thread in... Tapatalk | Safari" pop-over when browsing with Safari? It's the only thing stopping me from browsing with my phone. Telling it to continue in Safari does nothing, it ignores the button press. Telling it to continue in Tapatalk opens a tapatalk web page. Tapatalk requires a newer OS than my phone allows. The pop-over won't go away and prevents clicking anything on the page.

Even Opera in both mobile and desktop mode fails to render the page and I can't browse with it. It drives me batty!

Thanks

Can you please remove the constant "open this thread in... Tapatalk | Safari" pop-over when browsing with Safari? It's the only thing stopping me from browsing with my phone. Telling it to continue in Safari does nothing, it ignores the button press. Telling it to continue in Tapatalk opens a tapatalk web page. Tapatalk requires a newer OS than my phone allows. The pop-over won't go away and prevents clicking anything on the page.

Even Opera in both mobile and desktop mode fails to render the page and I can't browse with it. It drives me batty!

Thanks
That doesn’t sound like an issue specific to this forum; I often get what you describe when browsing Reddit, for example - and sometimes I’m not even offered the choice to continue browsing in Safari; it tries to make me download Google Chrome instead! But I find that just tapping the main content of the page I’m trying to browse makes the prompt you describe disappear and enables me to continue reading the webpage as I had intended.

Ah, right, because I didn't migrate the Wiki into the site yet, I only did that for the Pyra Wiki.

Haven't got an alert for a new thread in watched sub-forum "Pyra News", again. I looked at my alerts preferences and couldn't find a checkbox for new threads in watched forums. The only unchecked checkbox is new posts to watched threads, which I really don't want to enable. Is that one for what it says plus what I want?

i get e-mail for my watched forums --
what do your settings look like?
My settings for automaticly adding something to the watchlist don't include email nor do I chose it, when I add a thread manully. Just as I like it. Under "Receive a notification when someone…" everything is enabled but "Replies to a watched thread" - also as I like it. Plus, nothing that I have changed after the forum software update. But before the update I got alerts for new threads in the Pyra News forum and now I don't.

(Double-posted from the music thread)

The problem I'm having now is that all YouTube links on this site - they seem to be rewritten to "youtube-nocookie.com" domain, but getting the following error (in Firefox):

An error occurred during a connection to www.youtube-nocookie.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Have to edit them and use vanilla YouTube to get them to work...

Is there a way to disable the summary snapshot popups on the news posts page please ?
They appear when the mouse cursor is on a title.

Is there a way to disable the summary snapshot popups on the news posts page please ?
They appear when the mouse cursor is on a title.
Their DIV-elements have class tooltip--preview. So if you've got uBlock Origin or something similar, you could add to your filters:
pyra-handheld.com##.tooltip--preview
Or if you use something like GreaseMonkey, you could write a userscript for pyra-handheld.com, that removes DOM elements of that class. That is assuming those exist, when the document finished loading instead of some script creating them on demand. Haven't looked into it.

Update: this time the alert/notification in the topbar for a new thread in Pyra News was there.

Back