Welcome

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Here it is then chaps, the Pandora2 forum.

Mods, you can now dump all those annoying threads here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurrah! Then they're all in one neat place that we can nuke from orbit.... What do you mean I've been partaking of them myself? You're clearly seeing things!

Hurrah! Then they're all in one neat place that we can nuke from orbit.... What do you mean I've been partaking of them myself? You're clearly seeing things!
You were never seen partaking in such questionable activities dear chap.Nor did I besmirch my own good name in such debased behaviour.

It's unsettling Craig that you'd be so threatened besnickered by the sparse handful of Pandora 2 threads, that you'd show this kind of disdain love for the people who contributed ideas within them for the benefit of your company's next project, by repressing them through exile a gift of a brand new car errr forum, to a designated spam folder away from the general public discussion.

Not something to celebrate when someone censors your right to express yourself like everyone else. :p :D :wub:

It's unsettling Craig that you'd be so threatened by the sparse handful of Pandora 2 threads, that you'd show this kind of disdain for the people who contributed ideas within them for the benefit of your company's next project, by repressing them through exile to a designated spam folder away from the general public discussion.

Not something to celebrate when someone censors your right to express yourself like everyone else.

Don't take Craig's style too seriously, it's the substance of having a dedicated section of the forum which appeals to me.

If Pandora 2 was to be released in 2015 then now really is the time to start planning what the device can do and looking for desired improvements relating to Pandora 1.

Expect a bit of spam and random rambling from me in here over the next few months :p

It's unsettling Craig that you'd be so threatened by the sparse handful of Pandora 2 threads, that you'd show this kind of disdain for the people who contributed ideas within them for the benefit of your company's next project, by repressing them through exile to a designated spam folder away from the general public discussion.

Not something to celebrate when someone censors your right to express yourself like everyone else.

Repression? Exile? Censorship?! It's a new subforum, indexed on the front page like the rest. Talk about dramatic, jeez.

The request(s) for this came from the community, and it was discussed by forum mods before any changes were made. The name is supposed to be light hearted as Mr_Loon said. It also makes the point that this is a place for free, hypothetical discussion, and is not a shift of focus for OPT who are still dedicated to the Pandora 1.

The only thing that bothers me is the lower case 's'.

(...and, to a lesser extent, the fact that Craig likes to stir people up and leave the job of explaining things to some other poor bastard :p )

Now to start a bunch of, "Pandora 3," threads in the General topics section!

In the year 2525 the Pandora 3 should have a holographic left handed smoke-shifting interface with a multi-cubit quantum CPU and neural haptic feedback and connect to the ultranet via 802.11z variable wave transmission and be powered by a saliva/urine processing fuel cell...

Repression? Exile? Censorship?! It's a new subforum, indexed on the front page like the rest. Talk about dramatic, jeez.

The request(s) for this came from the community, and it was discussed by forum mods before any changes were made. The name is supposed to be light hearted as Mr_Loon said. It also makes the point that this is a place for free, hypothetical discussion, and is not a shift of focus for OPT who are still dedicated to the Pandora 1.

The only thing that bothers me is the lower case 's'.

(...and, to a lesser extent, the fact that Craig likes to stir people up and leave the job of explaining things to some other poor bastard :p )
Yes twas just a bit of fun.And now the P2 is a more tangible reality at least in our minds.

.and, to a lesser extent, the fact that Craig likes to stir people up and leave the job of explaining things to some other poor bastard

How true.But par for the course.That young Rapscallion.

Well, to be fair: it has been stated several times by ED and Craig that the Pandora2 will essentially look the same as the current one, being an evolution and not a revolution ...

Cool, I was wondering where all these threads went. :lol:

Well, to be fair: it has been stated several times by ED and Craig that the Pandora2 will essentially look the same as the current one, being an evolution and not a revolution ...

Never a truer word... but I'll be damned if any of these Pandora 2 speculation thread starters either believe that, or care.

The Pandora 2 will be heavily constrained by a desire to spend as little time and money as possible producing it (ie: avoiding this whole debacle over again). It will be a revision of the ideas put forward in the Pandora 1 and will, at most, be a thorough internal hardware upgrade with one or two feature fixes and, if we're lucky, one or two new features.

Of those new features which have been speculated, I'd say an internal Micro SD slot (under the battery perhaps) and some sort of video out standard supported by displays made this century are the most likely candidates.

And yet Craig has repeatedly said it's going to be something drastically new, and without knowing the extent of just how different it is we can't really understand where he's coming from when he comments on it. This is in spite of having the same form factor and inputs.

And yet Craig has repeatedly said it's going to be something drastically new, and without knowing the extent of just how different it is we can't really understand where he's coming from when he comments on it. This is in spite of having the same form factor and inputs.
He has said both actually. I remember him saying it was going to be drastically new, but I could not find the quote. I did manage to find him stating that it would not change much:

The design is barely going to change if it happens.

Well... it is actually going to change quite a lot, only you won't notice anything significant.

All this talk of sliding and rotating etc. isn't going to happen - it would be a nightmare, even huge companies can't get that kind of thing to work right.

We have to do this on a budget of a few thousand dollars.
I interpret this as "it won't change much on the outside, but will be a significant change on the inside (either in terms of hardware or software)". I am unsure what it would mean in terms of hardware changes as I do not see a processor upgrade as a big change but instead as natural evolution of the device.

Back