What About Porting Lierox?

Hmm looks like a good way to start work on porting before I get too far into working on illinc..... well I can try but it could take me a while - illinc is my first priority.

This game looks like its using fairly basic SDL, and I did see some options to disable / not use OpenGL.

Indeed it should run / play just fine @ 800x600.

Its a pretty good clone of Liero, and seems to have lots of levels, and mods available - and keeps the feel of the original game (for the 30 seconds I've played).

Indeed, I'll port this myself if I have to...

I'll get to work on it tomorrow but keep in mind that this will be my first real project so it might not be quick but I intend to do my best. Check my Blog for any updates from now on. illincdev.wordpress.com

Well since I'm doing this on request I'll let the requester decide how they want the controls to work. Personally I'd like to use the directional and A/B/X/Y buttons (and maybe the shoulder buttons if there are more controls than I think there are). Using the touchscreen for this might be a little clunky if you know what i mean.

goldbott said:
Well since I'm doing this on request I'll let the requester decide how they want the controls to work. Personally I'd like to use the directional and A/B/X/Y buttons (and maybe the shoulder buttons if there are more controls than I think there are). Using the touchscreen for this might be a little clunky if you know what i mean.
Great idea:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt there would be enough buttons for it, but two players on the same console would be pretty neat. But there's D-Pad versus ABXY, and it's not really suitable for analogue nubs...

OpenLieroX supports USB joypads, and seems to have a split screen mode (like the Liero of old).

Out of the 'box'.

(also network play as well...)

I'm very sorry to say that I can't continue working on OpenLieroX - Right now illinc needs my full attention and I just don't have time - I hope another developer decides to give it a shot.

goldbott said:
I'm very sorry to say that I can't continue working on OpenLieroX - Right now illinc needs my full attention and I just don't have time - I hope another developer decides to give it a shot.
that is really to bad. do you have done anything/changed anything? so a next developer might be able to use it?

Anyone else interested in porting this game? Would be awesome :)

borgqueenx said:
goldbott said:
that is really to bad. do you have done anything/changed anything? so a next developer might be able to use it?

Anyone else interested in porting this game? Would be awesome :)
+1
Now that we are in the home stretch

Didnt thought i would ever hear and see this thread again. Still hoping somebody will port this game. Im enjoying it everyday on school and some times at home. Would be cool onna device like pandora.

i never thought there was so much interest in this game being ported. i thought i was being the only guy who wanted to play this on pandora.

The pandora with all its controls and power, is the perfect device to play this game on.

fiveseven said:
Looks like someone started porting it to the N800/N810. Not sure how well it works, but might be a good starting point.

+1

There is a working very playable port for N8x0! except for that fact that controls on my n800 are terrible!

robotjohn said:
fiveseven said:
Looks like someone started porting it to the N800/N810. Not sure how well it works, but might be a good starting point.

+1

There is a working very playable port for N8x0! except for that fact that controls on my n800 are terrible!
Is this ARM and a straight forward port?

Or shall I go back to my Sherlock & puff away?

Danks!

Link

Back