What are you developing?

Joker

Hey Guys!

On what are you developers out there working now?

Intellivision emulator

Dink Smallwood (need to fix the controls, now that I have a Pandora)

World Of Xeen engine reimplementation and game editor.

A music player (Mostly working and published, though I forgot my Gitorious SSH key so I haven't updated in a while)

A ShoutCast client (Mostly illegal, and I don't have great Internet service so I haven't been encouraged to make it stable or reliable)

A platformer game (Just a tech demo, there's no enemies or anything yet, though it does record video)

A top-down shooter. I have the players working ok, and the weapons, but setting up the world needs some work I guess. I don't have a flexible way to put down floors. Very simple AI at the moment. Plus, I'm using placeholder media from various places.

Dink Smallwood (need to fix the controls, now that I have a Pandora)

Hehe, it's playable - got used to the controls already :)

Too bad there's no music there, one thing that game is really missing :)

World Of Xeen engine reimplementation and game editor.

Woot :D

GameEditor? That one?

Would love to see a working port of the engine, it's so easy to create games with this :D

A side-scrolling puzzle platformer starring pirates!

Will still take some time 'till it is finished though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been planning to write a simple RTS for over 10 years now (i am 26)

I coded hello triangle and concepts with moving colored rectangles in almost every SDK/Library

feel free to compare me to 3DRealms :p

but it looks like something might happen based on Qt4 QGraphicsView and the pandora

That GameEditor looks pretty cool. And I've always been interested in getting into Might and Magic, but I never did. I remember these posters that came with a game we had a looong time ago, but I haven't found a Might and Magic game that reminds me of what I saw. Maybe it was just a similar game? Anyway, I'm a big HoMM fan, even though that's slightly off topic.

That GameEditor looks pretty cool.

It is. Took me 20 minutes to create a basic pinball game which used simple PNG graphics as playfield (and collision check), including scrolling :D

However, it ran too slow on the GP2X with background music enabled...

Would love to see that on the Pandora. I can't code, but I got some nice game ideas I could create with this :)

I've been planning to write a simple RTS for over 10 years now (i am 26)

I coded hello triangle and concepts with moving colored rectangles in almost every SDK/Library

feel free to compare me to 3DRealms :p

but it looks like something might happen based on Qt4 QGraphicsView and the pandora

why QGraphicsView? I am really good in Qt, so I find it really interesting, what you are planning ;)

It is. Took me 20 minutes to create a basic pinball game which used simple PNG graphics as playfield (and collision check), including scrolling :D

However, it ran too slow on the GP2X with background music enabled...

Would love to see that on the Pandora. I can't code, but I got some nice game ideas I could create with this :)

That's pretty amazing. But that's too bad it ran slow. With the GP2X being supported (at least by the trailer), it seems a game like pinball would work ok. But I agree. Having something like that would be cool. I've put so much time into my game and it's nowhere near finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm right this second trying to implement multiplayer support to the SimpleJoy module of Penjin. This would let you load in multiple control mappings on a per player basis. Mainly I'm being bullied by MarkoeZ's progress with Penjoust to do this! (Just kidding ;) )

Hopefully after this I can get back to work on Nova Kitsune or Biotix... I also have a little I want to fix with CromoZome - I need to make an updated release at least since the last one has memory leaks due to an introduced bug a few revision ago. Busy busy busy.

I am working on my port of Anki, an educational application that schedules flashcards to help you memorize things.

It has been immensely useful for me in studying Japanese. Highly recommended for anyone learning a language.

Actually, it's open source. Would porting it be a better option?

I've dug out my old GP32 works and have ported them to the iPhone and Pickle is going to push them on to the Pandora.

So Drunken Frogger is about to return... with graphics by Ruckage.

I've dug out my old GP32 works and have ported them to the iPhone and Pickle is going to push them on to the Pandora.

So Drunken Frogger is about to return... with graphics by Ruckage.
Awesome.

Me, I'm trying to build Seq24 on the Pandora and have learned that I actually need to edit the sources to make it work. Which I don't know anything about. So you might say I'm developing a headache.

Back