What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I really liked Kathy Rain. Have you tried Technobabylon? That must be my favourite modern 2D point n click. Well written and great characters, love it. I have to play that again sometime.

I finished Arx Fatalis. Well, almost finished. I literally stand in front of the last door I have to open but can't. I miss a key item I can't get because the character who normally has it never spawned or I missed it. As much as I love the atmosphere and many of the ideas in this game, it is unintuitive, cryptic and you can mess up things for yourself easily. Guess I'll watch the ending on Youtube :-||

Played a little Gran Tourismo on PPSSPP. Not a great experience without the PSP's analog buttons. Maybe you can do some trickery to fool the emulator into thinking my right stick is analogue cross and square.

I found a pretty special game called "What did I do to deserve this, my Lord? 2". It's a humorous dungeon management, ecosystem puzzling game for PSP. Unique and strangely compelling. There are a LOT of creatures to discover that help you defend your dungeon.

And I'm finally getting around to tackling Planescape Torment.

Have you tried Technobabylon? That must be my favourite modern 2D point n click. Well written and great characters, love it. I have to play that again sometime.

I haven't played it yet, no, but I'll definitely check it out now. Thanks for the recommendation.

It turns out that I actually had Technobabylon in my library already! Must have been a Humble Bundle at the time, and originally didn't work (it's a Windows game), so hopefully it will now work.

Looking at the company who made it. They also made Gemini Rue and the Blackwell series which are ones I've started but not got around to finish yet.

I've finished Gemini Rue many years ago and if I remember correctly I enjoyed it, the way the story is told is quite clever.

I'm halfway into Shadow of Mordor. Say what you want about AAA games, but some of them are truly good. It takes the now common "open-world filled with quest markers and upgrades" but makes and keeps it interesting. The stealth is fun even for someone like me who isn't big into stealth games and if it fails it can turn into fight or flight rather than forcing a game-over/quick-load. The fighting is really great, with many options that all have their uses. The upgrades increase the range of options and the overall power-level but the game is interesting even from the start and scales up nicely. I'm only halfway in, but I'm having a really great time and I never got bored as I often do in similar games.

Just finished Metro Last Light. Wow, what a game! If the sequel is anything like it I have to get that, too. Loved the story, the sneaking, the shooting, the exploration, the atmosphere. This has earned a place in my top five FPS.

Gemini Rue is pretty good, I like it when a game lets you do research by freely entering e.g. text in a terminal. I wasn't too fond of the shooting sequences, but then again it was something fresh in the genre.

Well, I finished Technobabylon. Was fun - good story, nice characterisations and some interesting ideas. Don't want to spoil anything, although I will say I was reminded of the Lost Vikings at one point. Oh, and the music was fantastic... probably played it another hour or so just to listen to it for a while.

Started Shardlight, also by the Wadjet Eye Games team now.

Ghosts of Tsushima will have to wait...

Hi all :)

I'm playing Alastair Low's "Flea" at the moment:

I bought the NES rom yesterday for ~10€ and play the game emulated on the Pandora thanks to @ptitSeb 's NES.emu.

Nice little platformer, quite tricky at times (I'm stuck at the 5th boss at the moment). I just love the tunes !

Cheers, Magic Sam

giving Phobos a go. it is very similar to Tibia. still need a lot of fine tuning as the interface is flaky.sometimes i have to try 3 times to get to talk to a NPC or trade .. still grindy as heck! playing on windows and first problem id the complete lack of tutorial/ walkthrough/starter guide. If i hadnt played Tibia for years and ran my own Open Tibia server for 3 years i would have been lost. UI needs a scaling option. i have a 28"1920x1200 monitor and its very hard to read the test etc..

I've recently started playing the original Zelda on my Pandora. I'm playing with a romhack that adds an automap in the overworld to avoid having to have a map next to me.
I'm getting into dungeon 5. It's been quite fun so far. The beginning where I kept dying but went further each time reminded me a lot of how the "rogue-like" games of today work.

Back