What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Havent seen DL1, but in DL2 these elements are there indeed:
I spoke about "Hellraid DLC" because there are closed areas where you will fight A LOT of enemies (mostly at melee), so these are maps more similar to that arena shooter, and there you have to use parkour a lot to evade enemies with so little space.
The rest of the main game are mainly large open areas, that are cool for parkour, but are not meant to be arenas.

I love Dying Light, it's one of the few games that are really close to perfection for me, it does exactly what it's meant to do, but with a lot more cool things added and a lot of freedom too.
Seems to me that the second game will be almost identical to the first one, with just added some new moves and a more deep faction/story system, all the rest of the things explained in the trailers were already there in the first game.
If it will turns out good at least a 1/3 of the first game it will be super awesome anyway.

I'm observing my nephew play Zelda on Switch. Breath of the Wild. It's totally amazing, best Zelda ever. Just like every Zelda. I would get a switch bit I find it inelegant, esp compared to the Wii. If they release a pure console version I'll get it.

Playing through No More Heroes 3. pretty enjoyable so far. The massive career call back during one of the boss fights was everything I wanted. I just hope the Syndrome series gets a proper re-release since alot of Grasshopper's catalog spawned from that series.

The downer side is that i had to halt building the guide to "2 Months" thanks to my laptop game ending itself [hard death, motherboard no longer responds granted... its a lenovo...] I finally had a map layout that was clear enough to chart ;-; hopefully the data is recoverable and i can continue once my parts come in.

I have only had a look at the video, but the "parkour" part seems to be almost not present... the only thing I have seen is wall running, but except for that even the arenas don't seems parkour friendly.
They should really have a look at "Dying Light: Hellraid" maps to see how amazing parkour arenas are made.
With the gametype "race" the parkour elements are a must. So with E you indeed, can wall-run, if you approach a wall from the side. But you can also jump over/climb with E if you approach it from the front.

Linux Installing Simulator RR (REAL REALITY) Edition (Phytian)

You wanted to know ever since what is it like to put a Debian on a NON X86 Computer, but VR is too unrealistic for you? Then this is your game: You have to first learn how to put a Chinese Mains Plug in an European Plug Bar, finds out how to acces the boot menue, and have the choice which Packets you want, these will have a inpackt on the latter game..
On the third Level you have to beat the mighty Boot Management Menue in Bios, and even if everything works, you only get fullscore when you can master the BOX86 and Wine stuff ^^, oh and when you want more than fullscore: Beat the Souls Like Task to get your User SUDO Rights ^^

(I ditnt had time to play another game because the Linux Installing Simulator RR did eat too much time, but i also dit a quick test on a SNES Rompack i got for the Pyra)

Now some serious Gameplay again:

Star Wars Jedi Knight III, Jedi Academie (Nintendo Switch OLED)
Ditnt came far, but i made the first few Levels, the Crash, the tiny Tutorial in the Academie, and now im back on Tatooine where i have to fight some Stormtroopers whit Chubaka, the Hairy Friend of Han Solo ^^
Plays ok, but i would believe, a Pyra Port where much better.. but its fun
Allthough i had to chancel it as its used the Internet Features of the Switch, so whyle i played, the Download of the Voice Files from the next Games where paused

Assassins Creed II, the Ezio Collection (Nintendo Switch OLED)

I begun whit the Shortmovie which dit tell the Story of Ezios Father, but then i wantet to pause the Movie to see what also is on the Collection, its stops and i had to start the Movie again, so i decide that i ditnt need to watch this..
So, move on to the Main Game:
First a Sequenc where Desmont gets freed from Aspergo, the Company of the Templers, only to get back to the Animus "2.0" ..
Startet good: Now whe are Ezio Auditore the Firence, a Young Man in the Town, where allso the Story of the last Hannibal Novel, and a Dan Brown where locatet, but a few 100 Years earlyer,
He got trouble whit the guys from the Borgia Familiy, so you have to fight, learns how to loot, and the along came my first Hate Mission in this Game: the Race against Ezios Brother over the Roofs to the Church: You ditnt had a Chance to learn the Controlls, and get a Parcour Race?
Until i searched the Internet for a Easy solution (just climp the Wall right, jump on the other roof, and then on the Church), i failed maybe 10 Times, it was around Midnight but then i won the race..

Im a bit anoyed about this Mission: i dont know if i was just bad gaming, or if it was just bad game design , hopefully this was the thoughes Mission of this Game..

Jedi Academy has a Pandora port so it should get to Pyra as well.
However, playing the shooting part with the Pandora controls was a bit difficult, the lightsaber sections were a bit easier to play.

I discovered this nice game:
In Debian it was an apt-get install ardentryst

Next up is:

Last edited:
Finished another game of Hearts of Iron 4 (a "grand strategy" game where you lead a country from 1936 to the end of the war(s)). It's a really good game with nice strategic and tactical choices and options. It can get a bit overwhelming and need a bit of wiki research to understand some concepts, but it led to fun and interesting games. The biggest problem is that it quickly turns into a time-sink.

I've also finally given a try to Dark Souls (the "Prepare to Die" edition, not the remaster). After a few hours I'm not really thrilled. The level design is great, but I'm not a fan of the gameplay. I'm not sure if I'll give it another try or just move on to something else.

Startet whit Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast on Switch yesterday as i was searching for Cheats on Jedi Academy, and its also got the Cheats for this Game..
Im now on the Mission after Kyle Katan got his Light Saber back, (Why is it "Lichtschwert" in German, and not "Licht Säbel" ? ) its quite Anoying as you have to plattform through a City, so i decide to warp to the next level..

I also played a bit Tetris Attack on Pyra via SNES9X+ , Its cool as its got Yoshi Themed Levels, but its not Tetris.. , its more like this Second Game on "Doctor Mario and Puzzle Leaque" i have also as a GBA Cardridge..
This is one of these Games, you can also play whit the Pyra clocked to 1 ghz to have it cold enought to Charge..

Startet whit Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast on Switch yesterday as i was searching for Cheats on Jedi Academy, and its also got the Cheats for this Game..
Im now on the Mission after Kyle Katan got his Light Saber back, (Why is it "Lichtschwert" in German, and not "Licht Säbel" ? ) its quite Anoying as you have to plattform through a City, so i decide to warp to the next level..
Oh yes that level... They give you a lightsaber, let you have some fun with it in the cantina and then put you in big open spaces filled with snipers equipped with weapons you can't deflect with the lightsaber, forcing you to stick to the guns. And not just for a short time, for the rest of the level (which is quite long).
You could see it as a way to let the player understand that the guns are still necessary... except that after this mission you can do most of the rest of the game with just the lightsaber.

Reached one of the endings of
VAMBRACE - Cold Soul

I think I'll never play it again to see the other endings...

This game has a very good hand drawn graphic, well fitting music and a good story and atmosphere in general... but has a very bad fault, it shouldn't have been an RPG... it could have been a good Visual Novel instead...

The RPG mechanics are VERY basic, every character can use only one object, it could be an armor OR a weapon OR something that gives other type of buffs, but just one.
This objects, to be effective must be made, using the stuff you find "randomly" around your missions... and this is were it becomes bad... to create good stuff will require a lot of "random" scavenging, and if the character using the object dies, you'll lose that object too... it is easy to replace a character of the crew, but to make him effective you'll need to create again that object...
Objects are important because there is no EXP... your characters will stay AS IS for the entire game, unless you give to them something extra.
Now add this:
- locations are randomized every time you go to a mission, even if you do again the same mission everything will be randomized again
- you have a weight limit for the stuff you can grab, and is really low... you will never be able to get everything you find in a mission, also some of the most useful stuff are super heavy, so you either grab them or "some" of the rest that "could" become useful...
- you can use healing/cure stuff only in special places, that you can find randomly, so most of the time you'll never get them when them are needed... this places are required especially to cure broken bones and all types of debuffs your crew can suffer

After understanding somehow the logic I was able to deal with most of the game... but there was a chapter with a very difficult BOSS that needed my squad completely ready for that battle... the issue was that to get there I had every time to redo the entire randomly generated route, full of random encounters... if even one of them cursed my group, or broke the arms of the warriors, or things like that, I had to pray to find an area to cure them before the final BOSS... most of the time I had to just die at it, and do again everything...
Finally one day I had a camping zone just before the BOSS, and I was able to beat it and go on...

Another thing I didn't like was the less than clear interface... you have potions with labels that say what they cure, but on the affected characters you have just icons... so go find yourself that the picture of a ghost with a broken bone is "Trembling".
Another thing that I didn't like was the presence of a collection of dresses for the main protagonist.. now, most of them were in line with the context, but when I found the "Sailor Moon" or "Bear" costumes following the main story I was like "WTF" !!

I really appreciated the story, but found the "game" playability boring as hell.

Farming Simulator 2017, Nintendo Switch Edition
I just testet a new Concept to get Money, : New Game in the East European Map, but whitout Tractors, only a Pickup and a Saw, and instead of the own farm, i try to make only Missions, lets see how good this works..
My Plan is to make a Million whit Missions, then get a Wind Energie Turbine, and then i would get enough money for the free game..

I already finished and appreciated HAVEN (that consist of a couple boy/girl that runs away trying to live their life in freedom in another planet)...

... BUT... the DEVS just released a PATCH to be able to play with a couple composed of both men or both women...

Now I'm curious to see the results... they must have changed A LOT to make these possibilities, and almost every story related scene !!

Patch Notes said:
Hello everyone,

Haven is a game about the freedom to love whomever you want, and that’s why we’re particularly happy to bring this free Couple update. You can now choose to play the game with the couple of lovers you prefer: either a woman and a man, two women, or two men.

We are glad to bring the new couple update to GOG.com today.

------------

New feature: Alternative versions of Yu and Kay!
You will now be able to choose which couple you want to play as. You can choose to play as the existing Yu and Kay as you know them, as two women (Yu and an alternate version of Kay) or as two men (Kay and an alternate version of Yu).
Note that this choice only impacts the characters you play as, but the gameplay and the story stay the same.

The update is free and available today!

This means:
New models, artworks, loading screens, interface art…
New voices recorded by new fantastic actors!
Review of all the dialogues and text to match the gender
New menus to go with it
And a lot of work to make sure everything works smoothly.

The remake of Mafia. I played part 2 and 3 already, but the original is a story told by the main character of the game. He tells to the police what he did and you'll play those sections yourself.
I hear complaints about the racing section, for me this wasn't that bad but I can see why it can be annoying to do over.
During playing I encountered a few issues related to events not being triggered (like someone that needs to open a door for you to continue, but he doesn't because his route was blocked by a fresh corpse you placed there).
Restarting from the last checkpoint solved those issues, which isn't that bad.
Haven't finished it yet but I enjoy the game up to this point.

Farming Simulator 2017 Switch Edition
To get money whit Work on other Fields is too time consuming, so i had search for a "Cheat",
There is no Cheat but a Glitch where you can Sell your Tractor whyle its still belongs to you, someone did show this on Video allready..
So i think on weekend, i will try some of the bigger equipment on the East Europe Map (Or maybe its Russia)..

ELDEN RING

I've also finally given a try to Dark Souls (the "Prepare to Die" edition, not the remaster). After a few hours I'm not really thrilled. The level design is great, but I'm not a fan of the gameplay. I'm not sure if I'll give it another try or just move on to something else.
amazing game ahead
don't give up, skeleton!

Rogue64 for the Commodore 64. Still waiting for my cartridge to arrive in the mail, but I'm able to play the .crt download. Really enjoying it so far - great music, and a very cool rogue-like game.

Back