What are you playing this weekend/these days?

That's one of the best Zelda game in my opinion... But I find it really sad...
This and Majora's Mask. Both games were... "unsanctioned" I guess you could say? Permitted but not really given a lot of official resources? Not sure what word I want to use here.
But despite (or perhaps because of) that quasi-official state the writing was fantastic. No Zelda game has given me the feels in quite the same way.

On the Steam note, actual question: is anyone aware of a service that'll let you search and organize your games? With so many in my library now part of the problem is figuring out what I might actually enjoy depending on my current mood, or even just in general. Being able to search by tags, or blacklist tags, and drop games below a certain review threshold would be incredibly helpful.

This and Majora's Mask. Both games were... "unsanctioned" I guess you could say? Permitted but not really given a lot of official resources? Not sure what word I want to use here.
But despite (or perhaps because of) that quasi-official state the writing was fantastic. No Zelda game has given me the feels in quite the same way.

On the Steam note, actual question: is anyone aware of a service that'll let you search and organize your games? With so many in my library now part of the problem is figuring out what I might actually enjoy depending on my current mood, or even just in general. Being able to search by tags, or blacklist tags, and drop games below a certain review threshold would be incredibly helpful.

I don't use it, but I know a lot of people like the Backloggery to help them decide what game to play next:

http://www.backloggery.com/

Thanks! Looks like it might work (with some 3rd party scripts for importing) and if not it's given me a google springboard to find a few other services that do similar.

edit: looks like this site is precisely what I wanted. Enter your user name and it'll download your entire collection. It'll then present a full list of all the tags for all the games you own which you can then turn on or off, sort by rating, and even have it pick one at random from the resulting list. I wish there was a way to filter by play time as well, like only games with less than half an hour of playtime (indicating I'd not actually played it), but can't have everything.

Last edited:
You're in for a treat. Each new game in the Elder Scrolls series was notably worse than its predecessor. Good choice to play them in reverse order.
I'll keep that in mind. I am the type to keep playing a series if I enjoyed one game in it.

Paradigm!
Haven't played it (no $) but watched it on youtube for a while and this is the funniest point and click adventure I know of. Highly recommended.

SaGa Frontier (for a uni course, no kidding!). it's confusing af at the moment but i'm sure it'll start to make sense at some point.

header.jpg

Little this and that.
Elite: Dangerous on PC
Fire emblem Fates on my NEw 3DS XL at this very moment
ANd Warframe from time to time

For my trip to Greece this weekend I use my time on the plane playing Wario Land on my Gameboy Pocket. It's really fun!

593px-WarioLandBoxArt.jpg

This is a brilliant game, it was my first "second career" Gameboy game when I got one again in 1999 :)
I just noticed that there was only a year or two of my life after they were released that I was without some form of GB. That gap was because I relocated and left most of my stuff behind. I may be misremembering it, and there may never have been a gap before I got my SP. The two games I always made/make sure to have with me were/are Tetris and, of course, Link's Awakening. They are still some of my favorite games, and LA my favorite Zelda game. I feel obligated to mention Metroid 2.

I just finished this simulator where you fight with a gasoline/petrol powered push mower to start it, then mow half an acre of grass on a slope and try to finish before losing the shade from the trees. Oh, nevermind, that wasn't a game. That explains all the sweat.

Finished icewind dale. And right after bg1ee & bg2ee, I am quite disappointed... Almost the same look and feel, similar gameplay, and after bg2ee, it's nice not to have to fight invulnerable mage that you have to keep dispelled and melee to death... But otherwise, that game is really bad... Choices are almost inexistant, it's linear as hell... I hope heart of winter will be better...

IIUC Icewind Dale is deliberately designed like that in order to appeal to a different audience.

OpenBOR on my Amiga 600 with Vampire V2 accelerator.

Video below shows performance difference between traditionally faster Amiga models and the vampire accelerated older A500 and A600s, which are now outperforming those.

Tender Loving Care via WINE in Linux (see my tutorial on how to run this).
I've never played an FMV game before since all of those are supposed to be terrible but it's better than most modern walking simulators so far.
It probably would fall flat without John Hurt but it's not so bad, especially considering the price.

Finished icewind dale enhanced edition heart of winter... It was just as bad as the main game.. Started trials of the luremaster and it seems to be cut from the same veine...

Refinished Dreamfall on the WIN. I still haven't played Chapters, I'm waiting for the final version.

Now that walking simulator is a genre and that we have games like Dear Esther, Gone Home or To The Moon, it feels that Dreamfall was actually a precursor of that kind of stuff. A game where the interaction is limited and you mostly walk around to see the story unfold. Even with this in mind, it's still imperfect: the few "gamey" elements (combat, stealth, mini-games and the few actual puzzles) are sub-par, and the need for backtracking sometimes clearly feels like an attempt to lenghten the duration of the game. But at least when you play it with this state of mind it's not as disappointing as when you expect a follow up to The Longest Journey.

But I have to admit that it has the advantage of making it easier to follow the story. In The Longest Journey, getting stuck on puzzles made it sometimes difficult to keep track of the complex story. I guess an ideal solution would be something between the two.

Anyway, the voice acting is wonderful, the art and direction is still awesome. There's a way to set the mood that few games are able to match.

Back