What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Tonight will be some Mario Kart 8 on Wii U :)

Picked it up with the little racing wheel, so looking forward to giving that a few laps.

Just I wont get a chance till very late to get on it
do report your findings on it please. im hearing a lot of eh reviews on it. all pretty much just "its a great mario kart game, with beautiful visuals, amazing music, well thought out tracks, but its still mario kart, with a worse battle mode" from a lot of reviewers

Still Deponia with my gf when she is around.

Played several hours into Silver. Although it's fun most of the time, frustrating moments happen too often and being able to use each of the few savepoints only once sucks big time.

Next time I'll play the Dreamcast version via some emu and use savestates.

Now finally I'm some hours into Gothic 3 (as the Gog-version is playable indeed).

If you don't compare it to the awesome first two games, it's not so awful as expected as far as I played,

I just want the old fighting system back...

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to when I first started and playing Tekken all day today. how I miss that game.

Picked it up with the little racing wheel, so looking forward to giving that a few laps.

do report your findings on it please. im hearing a lot of eh reviews on it. all pretty much just "its a great mario kart game, with beautiful visuals, amazing music, well thought out tracks, but its still mario kart, with a worse battle mode" from a lot of reviewers

I've not played the battle mode yet, but hoping that is going to be decent, I used to love battle mode on the N64 when we'd have a bunch of us around the place playing.

I'd probably agree with the other comment, but that comment sound negative where reads "but it's still mario kart"...

...For me that's a good thing. It is still mario kart, now with great gameplay, beautiful visuals and amazing music. What's not to love about that :)

I've not played the online mode challenges yet either, just been working through the GP and checking out the courses as I unlock new characters and vehicle mods.

Lots of twists on known courses from other systems, but I like that too.

So far all the courses I've played have been really nice, I think I'll be playing this for a while and look forward to when I can get a few mates round to play on the battle mode. Definitely a good purchase for me

I returned once more to "Realm of the mad god"... I don't like all the added payware they added but except for more space to store your gears for futur toons and mutiple toon space it does not seems really important anyway...

Just begun Borderlands 2 on PSVITA,

Im now Level 10, Machro Macer, which means im apple to sumon a big Combat Bot (Death Trap) ,

ditnt played this Game bevor as i ditnt had a Device who runs it..

Its quite Fun, plays verry well whit the 2 Nubs on the Vita ..

This was a "productive" weekend. Finished Crysis 2, Crysis 3 and Driftmoon. Crysis are so terribly well done and enjoyable FPS experiences, with great stereoscopic support as icing on the cake. And Driftmoon, which I picked up for 1€ at fast2play, is incredibly well written. Love the references to Star Wars, Monkey Island and the Discworld novels. Exploring the world is actually more fun than in most RPGs because of the bit of physics that's involved. The search for those silver feathers literally made me look under every stone :)

On to XCOM I think, looks very promising indeed.

Played planet explorers. Its kind of like Minecraft meets world of Warcraft meets halo. Amazing in game voxel manipulation. And hands down the most powerful in game item modification system ever made. Euphoric ambience, gorgeous environments, and epic scale of the game world. Great use of unity engine. Absolutely stunning for an alpha version of a game. Only thing that would make this perfect if it was open source.

http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/about/

Mass Effect 3. I've played the second a few years ago, so meeting the recurring NPC is like seeing old friends I haven't seen in a while.

I've not played the battle mode yet, but hoping that is going to be decent, I used to love battle mode on the N64 when we'd have a bunch of us around the place playing.

I'd probably agree with the other comment, but that comment sound negative where reads "but it's still mario kart"...

...For me that's a good thing. It is still mario kart, now with great gameplay, beautiful visuals and amazing music. What's not to love about that :)

I've not played the online mode challenges yet either, just been working through the GP and checking out the courses as I unlock new characters and vehicle mods.

Lots of twists on known courses from other systems, but I like that too.

So far all the courses I've played have been really nice, I think I'll be playing this for a while and look forward to when I can get a few mates round to play on the battle mode. Definitely a good purchase for me
The battle mode is a bit of a let-down... I hope they patch in dedicated battle maps... Currently battles just use the normal race courses.

Apart from this though it's a great iteration of Mario Kart! :)

The battle mode is a bit of a let-down... I hope they patch in dedicated battle maps... Currently battles just use the normal race courses.

Apart from this though it's a great iteration of Mario Kart! :)
Agreed.  The Grand Prix is fantastic!  But the battle mode is horrible!  I've also noticed that they changed how "equipped items" work.  If I hold in the item button now to hold a shell behind me, I can't pick up another item... it still considers the shell as my current item.

And for those of you playing MK8, don't forget you can get a free game if you register the product code on the eShop!

As for other games I'm currently playing...

• random classics on the Pandora for C64, A2600, Coleco, Arcade, NES, etc.
  • Metroid: Zero Mission for GBA.
  • On Steam: Escape Goat 2, Tabletop Simulator
All of this randomly whenever I have time available.

I've been playing Dark Souls a lot lately since it was given for free on Xbox 360 for gold members this month. Right now in New Game +, thinking about doing a Dexterity run.

Fiinal%20Fantasy%20V%20(Spanish).jpg

For the 600th time.

It comes in "Advance" form? I will need to remember that in the future in try to find a copy.

V is definitely one of my favourite FF games, though I've only beaten it 3 times. I'm not sure which I enjoy more, 5 or 6.

Right now I'm working my way through the Dragon Quest series on my Pandora.

Back