What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Shadow Warior 2013
It's the first time I play a first person shooter.
I never liked first person view but gave it a try and it's quite fun and the perspective is not as bad as I expected.
I have that game now since a long time but with my Win 3 I can finally play PC games comfortably.
It's a relatively old game so I get about 5 hours of battery life.

Made a lot Test Gameplay yesterday on the Nintendo Switch OLED ..
It’s quite comfortable whit the Tabletop Mode and the Joycon as Controller in 2 Separat Hands .., exspecialy whit the Bluetooth Audio Feature which works suprisely better than on Switch Lite..
So I made the big Quest in Snowrunner on the Michigan Area where you have to deliever a lot of stuff around the map, and startet the Quest whit the Containers from the Ship, so I tested some Trucks as after the long time my Bandit 8Wheeler might be a bit booring, so I try now the Taiga which was meant to be the best Truck in the Vanilla Game.. but then I closed the game to have a bit diversity ^^
I can’t say it’s looks that much better but maybe it’s not the best game to test the OLED .. but the Vibrations Motor works quite good in this game

The other Game was the Serious Sam Collection
I finished the second encounter, which looks good on this screen because it’s a bit more colorful than Snowrunner, the Vibration Feature on the Joycon had also a lot to do , in the end there was a lot of enemies to shoot, but the final boss was not that entertaining as on the first encounter.. ,
I started then Serious Sam 3 as 2 isn’t on the collection,
It’s not that colorful anymore, much more „serious „ But it’s should be also good

This is just the last week after I got the Switch Oled:
Snowrunner (Nintendo Switch).
Im currently in Wisconsin, I allready made all of the old Quests in Michigan, just not the Containers from the frecket ship and not the Zement quest ..
i made a few Quests in Alaska, but not that much that I opened the other maps..
i made much more quests in Taimyr where I opened all maps and found the Tatarin Scout Tank (cool thing, but it’s lacks a snorkel) I ditnt go to the half island of Kola (Russia) because I saw it’s a bit difficult..
So I’m currently search for upgrades for my international paystar 5600 ts which is a quite big Truck whit 10 Tires , but still lacks the allwheel Drive ^^

Finished Front Mission: Gun Hazard (SNES) on my Pandora, it's a spin-off of the "Front Mission" tactical-RPG series, a series about mechs fighting each other.
It looks more like an action platformer but still has many aspects from a RPG, such as XP, equipment updates and healing items. That has quite an impact on the gameplay: apart from some bosses where playing skillfully will let you avoid taking too much damage and spend too much on healing items, you can spend most of the missions just moving forward and shooting at things without having to bother too much about using the shield or evading hits.
This makes the game a bit shallow, but I like playing big stompy robots, especially when I can punch other robots, and I like when I can exit the robot and play a small squishy human (though that part is under-developed and under-played). So I still enjoyed the game, but I was glad to see it end.
The story is nothing special, the music isn't too bad, no grinding is necessary (I finished the game easily by just playing each level once, maybe twice a few times when I wanted to try a new loadout), some gameplay choices are a bit weird (there are a few primary weapons and many secondary weapons but the cost and the gear-related XP approach force you to focus on a single loadout, same with the allies you can bring with you). It could probably have been better but it's not a bad game.

And still having a blast playing co-op SWAT 4 with my brother. We've started modding it with a lot of in-jokes that only us will laugh at and having a great time.

Snowrunner (Switch OLED)
I gave up on the plan to play through the whole game, i just gave me some tasks like "become Level 30", "unlock every Truck and Upgrade", i played too many in my Vacations , but i made some progress:
I unlocked this 10 Wheeler Truck on the Wisconsing Map, and its All Wheel Drive Upgrade, not bad this thing, its got Power, a lot of Space for Stuff to put on, and its quite good in Mud 10 Wheels are better than 8 Wheels ^^
I played a lot on the Alaska Region, and unlocked at least all Maps there, begun to gather at least all Upgrades on the first 2 Maps, and decided to go to the Don Region from the newer DLC because i had the Idea that one of the Tatra Trucks you get there might help a bit on Snow and Ice,
So i made some Missions there to unlock the Sidequest where you get the Truck, it took a few hours, and was a bit difficult as your Truck tends to tipp over quite often, but i got the Truck, which is the Tatra Force, a Heavy 8 Wheeler which can also take heavy trailers, but also Ice Chain Tires, something the other Heavy 8 Wheelers cant ^^, so i made a quick test drive to find a important Upgrade "Differncial Lock", i think the next time i will go back to Alaska..

But this will have to wait some time, i think i will end Serious Sam 3 first, and some other games as the GTA Trilogie will be out in 3 Weeks, and when they are out, i will play throug all 3 Games, maybe not 100 % but that much as i can and end the Storys at least..

Ghost of a Tale

This is good !! I just started playing but I can already see that it is a stealth game really well made.
The guards are dumbed down to restrict their movements, because as far as I know, you can't kill them.

The open world works as it should, with more areas accessible once you have the right key, objects...
Everything seems solid, the graphic is very curated and full of particulars, and there is a lot of interactions with the world, for example you can move chairs to reach higher spots somewhere else.
Everywhere there are bits of lore to add info to the background story, that by the way, is not exactly "childish" as the pictures of the game could have suggested... at the contrary, some arguments could be VM18 (or maybe a little less).

I can compare it to a "Styx" game but without episodes and without killing.

The only really bad thing I found is the Controller support... I tried 5 different gamepads, 2 of them in 3 different modes (Switch,d-input,x-input), and still none of them was behaving in the right way... in the game options I also tried to change gamepad modes from XBOX to DualShock, but still most of the buttons where in the wrong position (if they where somewhere at all)... add that you can't even remap those buttons and you have the full picture...
As the last hope I tried x360ce to pass to the game some emulated gamepad, but it was totally ignored... so I ended up playing with Keyboard+Mouse...

so I ended up playing with Keyboard+Mouse...
Maybe you can use joy2key (or other equivalent software, this one might be a bit outdated now) to have your pad inputs translated to keyboard keys and mouse move and clicks, now that your game is configured to play with keyboard and mouse. This way, you play with a gamepad and your game think you use a keyboard and mouse, and YOU configure what each key does :)

Maybe you can use joy2key (or other equivalent software, this one might be a bit outdated now) to have your pad inputs translated to keyboard keys and mouse move and clicks, now that your game is configured to play with keyboard and mouse. This way, you play with a gamepad and your game think you use a keyboard and mouse, and YOU configure what each key does :)
Ye, I knew about that route, but it's more a thing of "if controller works I'll use it" than "I absolutely have to play with controller no matter what"... if I have to use keyboard, I'll use keyboard, it's not an issue here, the controls are PC FPS classic, so it works well

Snowrunner (Switch OLED)
I made a lot progress on this long weekend, i played in the Don Region (the Tatra DLC Phase 5), got me the Tatra Force and also got the Tatra Phoenix allthough i dont know how, could be a bug because there is a Quest to repare this truck bevore you can take it, but i had the Truck in my "Truck Shop".. , i try booth out, the Force is not bad as its got the ability to take a Crane and a Freight Bed at once but its a bit low, the Phoenix is not that good, its only can take a High Saddle or a Freight Bed, the Only good Thing is that its had 8 Wheel Steering..
So i went back to Alaska and made a lot progress: I opened up all Maps, took every Upgrade, and repaired all Pipelines, allthough i had to repair some bridges in Pedro Bay first, and i tryed out the "Super Heavy Trailor" whit 8 Places, which works suprisely well, if you made a little plan where you also think about what to take on the trailer what should also be in this region..
Not that Envroiment Friendly this Game, but quite entertaining (expect for Greta)..

I bought Spiritfarer on GOG (had it with 40% off), I really like it, the hand drawn graphics are amazing, it is a very cozy game, no stressfull action, just what I needed !

Snowrunner (Switch OLED)
Made a lot of Progress yesterday in Alaska, build up the pipeline, and i gave the Tatra Pheonix a new try: so i found the DIFLOCK Upgrade in the Don Region, and i used this Truck to trow the big cable drumm trailer from the petrobay map to the white vally map, and it works, the developers of the game made this map quite divicult whit roads where the survace is ice, and its quite crooked ^^ , but not a big deal, the low gear, 8 Wheel Drive, and DIVLOCK on, and whit a bit of Drivers Scill, i got the Job done whitout tipping the Trailer over ^^
Now its just needs a few more Quests, and this Region is done ^^ ,
I also bought the big Kollob Truck, also a beast, but in Alaska not that usefull as it ditnt take Chain Tires, but the Tatra works quite good..

And i also tryed the new "put a scout on the front of the "Super Heavy Trailer" and you have extra fuel and repair points" Trick, works quite good, finaly this Russian Micro Bus is usefull (its not that good as Scout).., ditnt drove whit this, but should work..

Ghost of a Tale

This is good !! I just started playing but I can already see that it is a stealth game really well made.
The guards are dumbed down to restrict their movements, because as far as I know, you can't kill them.

The open world works as it should, with more areas accessible once you have the right key, objects...
Everything seems solid, the graphic is very curated and full of particulars, and there is a lot of interactions with the world, for example you can move chairs to reach higher spots somewhere else.
Everywhere there are bits of lore to add info to the background story, that by the way, is not exactly "childish" as the pictures of the game could have suggested... at the contrary, some arguments could be VM18 (or maybe a little less).

I can compare it to a "Styx" game but without episodes and without killing.

The only really bad thing I found is the Controller support... I tried 5 different gamepads, 2 of them in 3 different modes (Switch,d-input,x-input), and still none of them was behaving in the right way... in the game options I also tried to change gamepad modes from XBOX to DualShock, but still most of the buttons where in the wrong position (if they where somewhere at all)... add that you can't even remap those buttons and you have the full picture...
As the last hope I tried x360ce to pass to the game some emulated gamepad, but it was totally ignored... so I ended up playing with Keyboard+Mouse...
ok, about the gamepad not working, the "i want to fix it" part of me won and I had to try some gamepad emulator software... that's how I found the bestest controller emulator I ever seen !!
reWASD is not free, but is like ten times better then all the free alternatives I used during last years, it seems really stable and professional, and literally can "substitute" the gamepad with the emulated one.
Also. for the first time ever I was able to make my 8Bitdo SN30 vibrate while in wireless mode !! I was thinking it was impossible !! No games or software ever was detecting that function !! I reached the conclusion that it was designed to work only with USB !!!
And reWASD also is able to show the battery charge of the controller !! on the traybar !!
So, with it I "translated" the xbox one mode of my gamepad into a proper xbox 360 gamepad, and after that the controls in game were perfectly working !!!

This thing will makes me get rid of all my x360ce configurations in one go !!
It has so many advanced functions in a so damn easy to use interface that I can't believe it.

Been rocking picodrive on a Raspi recalbox installation. Never played the console myself, think I've never even seen one in the flesh. Once again a reminder how flipping easy games are nowadays.
On the PC I started Amnesia Rebirth. Love the atmo, but the constant interruptions by small memory sequences kills the game flow. There's now way to listen to the backstory while playing on, I hate that. I thought System Shock 2 laid the foundation of how to do exposition while having no impact on the gameplay. And a character that keeps falling and sliding down stuff, you walk past quite a lot of ropes you can't bring with you. And for a character that completely flips out when in the darkness, you walk past a bazillion portable lightsources that you can't bring with you. Can't carry a torch, only matches.

Edit: Finished Amnesia Rebirth. I think I've never cursed this much at a game. It constantly wrenches control from the player and interrupts game flow. Seeing 3 out of 4 endings makes you sit through a long sequence that ofc can't be skipped three times. I'm glad this is done. This could have been a great, atmospheric game. But the lack of respect for the player's time, the frequent loss of control, the heavy use of screen distorting effects, the very annoying and drawn-out "death" sequence and the forced slow walking speed for the last 1 or two hours of the game, and the fact that you can't toggle sprint and that you can't rebind pad controls - all that made me furious.

Last edited:
I started playing Control. I played Max Payne, Alan Wake and a bit of Quantum Break in the past.
The flying debris look pretty when stuff explodes.
control.png

I started playing Control. I played Max Payne, Alan Wake and a bit of Quantum Break in the past.
The flying debris look pretty when stuff explodes.
View attachment 37590
It's a really good game, and considering how many stuff are managed on the screen, I found incredible to be able playing it in a 6 years old PC with most of the visual options maxed out.
Anyway most of the explosion effects are just sprites placed on walls and floors, and sometimes, when there are too many, the older ones disappear... making me feel like many years ago when I was unable to write my name with bullets holes in Duke Nukem 3D... :(

Back