What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Guys, I haven’t been posting as much because I’ve been doing nonstop Disney Dreamlight Valley. I’m getting close to where the content runs out though, having already restored Scar’s area. The good news is that a major update is coming December 6th. Really though, I’ll be glad when I can get some time in my other games.

Guys, just wanted to brag; my PS5 says I’ve put over 60 hours into Disney Dreamlight Valley in about one week. I didn’t know I could game that hard. I’m still not done with all the quests yet, but according to the game I only have one character left to unlock in the current version.

Golden Light of Rose is a free companion game for Golden Light. It's a roguelite 1st person find-keys-and-exit-level survival thing. Unsettling environment, enemies and audio. Also quite hard going by my first few deaths just now. Check it out!

Guys, I’m on the last available quest in Dreamlight Valley. Unfortunately, I’ll have less than six days to play other games before the next major update comes in. I’m torn between trying that new game Sable or doing a quick and dirty platinum like Minit.

Just completed Death Come True. It’s a truly cinematic experience, in that $11 only gets you three hours worth of entertainment. It was a good three hours though.

Just started A Hat in Time. I know a lot of people like freedom in their games, but I feel like this one could use just slightly more focus. Mafia Town, at least, feels like God puked it out. Random crap everywhere.

Just started Balan Wonderworld. I was trying to give myself a newfound appreciation for A Hat in Time, but really I think I just dislike both games.

Just started XCOM 2. I didn’t want to get into a really long game just before the Dreamlight Valley update is supposed to come out, so that’s why I was trying platformers. The good thing about XCOM though is that you can do one run, then leave it alone for a while. My only problem is that I don’t know exactly how long one run takes, having just started.

A little off topic, but not deserving of its own topic: I was thinking of asking you guys to be in my XCOM 2 character pool. Just give me as many or few details as you want to include. None of the details have to match you in real life, except your nickname, which will be your username from the forums, so I can keep track of you easily. There should be a guide on XCOM 2 character creation on the internet if you search.

And yes, Null, you can also submit one for Peony. Just remember though, she can and probably will be killed by aliens, possibly multiple times.

Just started XCOM 2. I didn’t want to get into a really long game just before the Dreamlight Valley update is supposed to come out, so that’s why I was trying platformers. The good thing about XCOM though is that you can do one run, then leave it alone for a while. My only problem is that I don’t know exactly how long one run takes, having just started.
That is indeed something I wonder about: how long can I play this game. Due to work etc. I can be very busy which makes me not want to pick-up a game that gives me a feeling I wasn't 'done' for that day, and I can't play for that long to reach that state.
Games usually don't have an indicator for that, you have to find out while playing. Which puts off gaming till weekends, as I know I have more free time. But I also play Vampire Survivor as each run can take around 30min, as each run is time-based. So I know for sure I can finish one round if I have an hour to spend, and I'll make some progress without having to be half way some story-line that I might forget.

A little off topic, but not deserving of its own topic: I was thinking of asking you guys to be in my XCOM 2 character pool. Just give me as many or few details as you want to include. None of the details have to match you in real life, except your nickname, which will be your username from the forums, so I can keep track of you easily. There should be a guide on XCOM 2 character creation on the internet if you search.
I would be Face-D, loose pony tail thick, scrappy beard, brown hair (2), hazel eyes, race 0, rest is up to you ;)

One thing I don’t like about the XCOM 2 character creator, it doesn’t reset the name after changing gender and nationality. I had to Google male Dutch names. You are now Luuk ‘TeDaDeS’ Smit. Hope that isn’t offensive or anything.

My Original Plan for the Weekend was to continue my Mario Projekt, but then i though i should play some Emulators on Steamdeck and dit try the PS2 Version of Katamari Damacy out, works quite well, plays fine, and its timeless.. ^^
Then i continued my The Legend of Zelda Twillight Princess Run on Gamecube (Dolphin), Emulator, and im now on the first Temple in the Forest, dosnt work that bad allthough i deactivatet the Widescreen Mode as its got some issues whit Water, ..
Its still got some slowdowns at fight, so maybe i should have to wait for Nintendo to port the Games on Switch? But otherwise its works quite well..
When i made my record for the Video i found that some Emulators dosnt work whit the XBOX Pad, or maybe there was something else wrong?..

Played with my Pandora a bit more. Some Psycho Pinball (Genesis) and yesterday played a game of Pooyan via Compo4All (brilliant piece of software from Skeezix). Didn't beat the high-score from Asmo but came really close http://c4a.openpandora.org/

Not a lot of users left, certainly after Asmo left the scene. He was responsible for 95% of the traffic and high scores :)

Back