What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Pinball, Breakout, Tetris, the simple Games are the best ^^
Whantet to show a Pinball Game on the PS2 Emulator on Steamdeck yesterday, but then i though: its not that demanding as than other games, so it want bring that much interesting..

Reactions: rSl
Beat the final chapter of Carto. Still missing a bunch of trophies, but I unlocked chapter mode, which should help.

Teardown (Steamdeck)
Im now at the Storymode, its cool but somethimes a bit tricky, , its not only Teardown stuff, its als planing as you have somethimes to have a exit strategie, quite funny..
and i dit try some MOD Maps, like a Scrapyard where you can crush cars, and test all the cars that are in Game.. (there is even this famous black Truck whit the famous Trans Am on the Map ^^ )..
Another Map was a Russian Town which you can destroy..
When you use lots of Bombs, the Framerate went down to about 12 or so, this means you can play the Storymode whitouth issues, but on Mods where lots is going one whit explosives, its a bit difficult for the Steamdeck...

Have three of six secrets in Carto now. I’m debating whether to Google the remaining ones or use my own strength. I don’t exactly have much strength, but the point of games shouldn’t be to cheat your way to trophies as fast as possible, even though time is at a premium for most people. There is a chance I may be unable to finish Carto, but that’s a risk I take with every game. My trophies should accurately reflect my skills.

One other concern I have is that it’s taking up 5GB of space until I finish it, but I have a new screw and spacer arriving Monday that should allow me to mount my SSD and take those concerns away for quite a while.

God, I just spent like over an hour in the two grassland sections trying to find the grassland secret in Carto, with no luck whatsoever. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the tiny hills, but I have no idea beyond that.

Edit: Found the grasslands secret. Apparently there are two grasslands secrets, and I was going for the wrong one first. Hate when games make you do things in a certain order, but obviously you can’t have no order at all either. I’d say Carto overall though is a bit too rigid with its mostly one solution puzzles.

Edit 2: Found all the secrets on my own strength, then caved and searched the final achievement for reading every book. Turns out, this includes reading one book every time it changes during the story, meaning I had to go back to the first chapter with books, rather than the one with all the books unlocked. Jesus, I’m not sure how many centuries it would’ve taken me to figure that out.

Now that I have the platinum, I am ready to review Carto. 5/10. The writing’s great, but the gameplay is awful. This isn’t really worth the over ten hours I spent on it.

Last edited:
Played my first round of Golf With Your Friends, in the Forest. This game is free with PlayStation Plus, but I had been avoiding it until now, because I don’t have friends. Fortunately though, the devs were willing to accommodate people like me, since the only multiplayer trophy can be done in hotseat mode, meaning I just have to play with myself.

Played my second round of Golf With Your Friends, this time with a second hotseat player controlled by me that I named Red, so I could get the multiplayer trophy. We did the Forest, so I could attempt the trophy for par on that course. Well, I shot four over par, and Red ran out of time on the last hole and ended up at least twenty over par. What a chump.

Startet yesterday Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion on Nintendo Switch,
After the good Shoulderbuttons on the Steamdeck, they feel quite hard on Switch .., maybe its because they ditnt got used for a long time?
Had the first Mission in Wutai, and made as much Mini Missions as possible as it was sayd they can be lost ..
I stuck whit one Mission as it was just too difficult yet..
Not bad for a Switch Port, allthough it had some slowdowns in a Cutscene but its quite playable, allthough i had also could play the Steam Version perfektly fine on Steamdeck, but the Switch needs something to do after this time..

I beat the first chapter of Röki yesterday. A normal gamer would have beaten the entire game in one sitting, but I have two problems: a short attention span and the need to pee every ninety minutes. Drinking coffee helps the first problem a little bit, but causes the second.

I do want to recommend Röki though. Just based on the first chapter, it seems like a really well crafted game. My only problem with it is that it may be a little too Eurocentric, but that wouldn’t bother you guys, right?

I’m American. Remember when Witcher 3 first came out, and we complained that there weren’t any Black people in it? Well, Röki has the same problem. Not a drop of melanin. Like I said though, that wouldn’t bother Europeans, right?

Reminds me of a discussion about the Argentine World Cup team that I saw. Someone asked why the team had so few Black players, and an Argentine responded, “Because we are a country, not a Disney movie.”

Edit: Darnit, forgot to capitalize Black twice. I guess I’m too old for this stuff.

Last edited:
I’m American. Remember when Witcher 3 first came out, and we complained that there weren’t any Black people in it? Well, Röki has the same problem. Not a drop of melanin. Like I said though, that wouldn’t bother Europeans, right?

Reminds me of a discussion about the Argentine World Cup team that I saw. Someone asked why the team had so few Black players, and an Argentine responded, “Because we are a country, not a Disney movie.”

Edit: Darnit, forgot to capitalize Black twice. I guess I’m too old for this stuff.
Question: Wasn't black a skin color and Black a political affiliation?

First: I want to mention I usually try to not get involved in these kind of discussions.

That being said, let's make a fool out of myself and get involved by typing the first idea's that pop-up regarding this topic:

I assume that every country has a culture, that makes them unique. Any group of people has a natural way of implementing defense mechanisms to detect outsiders. Like science has a vocabulary and notation, GP's have their cryptic handwriting, doctors have their white lab coat, army personnel has their uniforms, divers have their diving suit, etc. etc. So everyone group and country has similar things. If you state you are part of a group and don't have any of the particular trades of that group it automatically rings an alarm.
Having (anti-)racist point out the differences in skin colors all the time is just their way of showing their are part of a group, it's what they do to promote their group ideology. Anyone could be a doctor, just do the required stuff and put on the white lab coat. Anyone can be an (anti-)racist by pointing out differences in skin colors (just point out which color you prefer to indicate which group you are part of).

Most Europeans aren't (anti-)racist, so if a story or movie has stereotypical people in the statistical probable group it wouldn't trigger this natural alarm people have and would go by unnoticed. I assume the ideology of some people is that this internal alarm is bad and causes problems, which has some truth in it. But the main difference in perception is that some people believe individuals should be judged based on their behavior instead of their appearance and group affiliation. There is also a believe that people's identity is based on the person itself and not by others, so if you proclaim to be something; others should accept this. These idea's, not passing judgement if they are better/worse, are not the same everywhere.

btw. The US already has a pretty mixed population, compared to countries like China, India or many Africa countries.
I think any story or game should be a good game and the characters in the game should make sense somehow. Computer games, compared to reality, are probably a better place to bend these rules. You want to be a car that becomes a police officer that marries with a house? Sure why not. But in reality those concepts aren't accepted (yet). But if there is a story about people living in a imaginary Nordic country where there is lots of snow and not much summer sun, it's somewhat logical that all characters have a more light skin color. As the skin needs to receive less light which is adventitious in these circumstances. It's not because these people in this regions dislike other skin colors, it's just the skin color that works well for those regions. In a game you can change it, it doesn't matter anyway, but it could trigger some people's internal alarm. Especially if they find out that the reason for changing this part in the game is because you are a (anti-)racist.
Personally I don't care that much, if the game/movie is good it's not a problem. But some games/movies have the (anti-)racist part as the main feature, which can just make it a bad game/movie. Röki and Witcher 3 are good games, and every gamer could probably appreciate this. You could think it's not inclusive enough, but in real-life I'm never the person represented in the game. Games about boring office workers are usually not that fun. In a game you can be anything you want, which is not the same in real-life. Not only because you can't be a magical talking car, but even if you dress up like a police officer others will spot you're not and you'll be called-out for it. As your role is society is not determined by you, it's done so by others based on your own actions. If you want to be a police officer, you have to match the expectations of your society until everyone accepts you are an actual police officer. You could destroy society and make it so that everyone has to accept what ever you claim to be, but I doubt it will work. But if it does, feel free to congratulate me being your new president.

Back