What are you playing this weekend/these days?

not yet, going to give it a go over the christmas break. I have watched a few playthroughs on youtube to get a feel for it . the game is cheap but the DLC are $15 AUD each $10 US? you get the appocolypse bunker DLC free with the game . i think the gardening one is probably a must . some of the decorated house by players are stunning.. depends how OCD you are i guess..lol

Played some more Röki on the 21st. The game opens up quite a bit once you go through the portal, and I’m not sure whether that’s a good or bad thing. I helped the troll remove its ‘thorn’, but now I’m not really sure what to do next.

well i am 10 + hours into House Flippers and i must say its a relaxing game, just been doing the odd jobs the come in by email. I have done about 10 to 12 jobs and have over $120K so i bought the first house and fixed it up and sold for over $16K profit.
the game might be a bit hard on OCD players as some jobs that require knocking down walls etc, dont require painting to finish.. so completionists who have to decorate may not make as much money..
The hardest part of the gameplay is the design of a space and placing of the required furniture. one job required knocking down the kitchen walls to open the area up. but the required island benches are so big it hard to get them to fit in a meaningful way.theoretically just dumping them in the room is all thats required to complete the scenario.. i couldnt do that so i spent 30 minutes tweaking the positions so all the stuff fit in and didnt block doors etc.

It is fun. waiting for the gardening DLC to be on sale again as it bugs me selling a house with overgrown grass in the yard... lol

Almost finished playing "SABLE", a relaxing exploration game that seems like Shadow Of The Colossus but without combat, the style and the atmosphere are the same, but I don't like very much the too much simple graphic... this is a game where you can possibly stay still just looking at the horizon, with vegetation, sun and clouds moving, but the graphic is so cartoony/pencil-like that it ruins the effect for me... also except for birds and some collectable butterflies there is absolutely no animal life outside the villages.
It has anyway a cool function that I never seen before to make you able to set waypoints on the map, but while you are still in third person view, so you can point at things that you see in the distance but are (still) not shown on the map.
There are some RPG elements to give you some more resistance and upgrade for the vehicle, but that's it, the clothes seems like just for the aspect.
The game contains some little mistery, and some simple puzzles related to physics or sunlight position, anyway exploration is almost always rewarded, if you see something apparently impossible to reach, but then you manage to go there, you'll find something to collect.
I liked it, but it feels a little empty in different areas.

And... "STREETS OF ROGUE" !!
OH MAN !! THIS IS A DOPE !!!
I just started the game out of curiosity, before going to bed, without too much expectations, and found myself laugh hard at the tutorial !! Then I started with the default character, and I died fast, but not without noticing how damn interactive the game is !!
So I tried other two "normal" characters and died again... if you start a combat or you are seen doing something wrong it's difficult to survive at the beginning... so I tried the Alien, it's not good at fighting and can't speak, but can mind-control people !!
I was able to make people kill each other or send them on suicide missions !! But then I died... and I tried the Gorilla with it's super punch that most of the time is an insta-kill... then I tried the Vampire... the Robot... the Zombie... WTF !! I Played 7 hours in a row without noticing !!
The game can have MANY approaches, to finish missions you can kill OR bribe OR convince OR destroy OR hack OR make other people do the work for you OR sneak, etc... etc...
Every single playable character is unique, and except for the standard mission, there's a personalized (optional) grand mission, like the Zombie wants to transform everyone in zombies, the Vampire should find and kill the Werewolves hidden in the cities, the Alien needs to get pieces for its spaceship, the Gangster wants to kill all the people of the opposing gangs, etc... etc...
And if all this is not enough, you can create your CUSTOM character, with the skills you choose.
I feel like I could speak about this game for a week even if I just explored the surface !! Even the music is catchy !!

Last edited:
Streets of Rogue is going on my wish list, sounds like my jam.

Just finished Call of Juarez. A pleasant surprise.

The gunplay is fun with a small, but commendably diverse set of weapons. Standard six-shooters, quick-loading ones, slow firing long range revolvers, a curious six-barreled pistol firing rifle rounds, two-barreled shotgun in standard and sawn-off variety, something similar to a Henry rifle with and without scope, a bow as well as the occasional stationary Gatling gun or stick of dynamite.

You get to to experience the twisty story from the eyes of two different characters, one more on the sneaky, the other on the tanky side. The latter is a priest wearing plate armor adorned with a crucifix.How cool is that?
Completely useless but equally awesome: He carries a bible, which can be held like a wepon. Using it will make the character quote from it. There's only a few lines, but the feeling of walking towards the enemies you're about to shoot while literally quoting the word of GOD is invaluable. I had a big grin on my face. So, the voice acting is good and plenty.

Music and atmosphere did the rest to make this a good ride. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle with the rest of the franchise. Puns intended, yeeehaw!

Back