What are your favourite puzzle games

Their is a fantastic puzzle game in Mario Party 5 called Piece Out.

Nintendo could adapt that and have the next Tetris on their hands easy.

The game is a bit like Tetris.

Their is a convayor belt down the middle of the screen with different shapes and each side is a grid for each player (2 players only) the idea is to take the shapes and fill your grid to score combos. This is done by linking up the colours of the shapes to make a different shape all of one colour in your grid. When the grid is completed you set off a combo reaction depending on how you placed the shaped and how the colours matched.

However if you are waiting for that 1 shape and you grab another that will not fit you will have to bin that shape that takes up time.

The game is just one of the mini games in Mario PArty 5 but Nintendo know they have a great game on their hands so they have 3 different time limits and a high score save on all 3.

Its one of the best puzle games i have played since Bust A Move and before that Tetris, its simple yet amazing fun.

got a few more gnarley puzzlers;

Puzzle Mix - brilliant, and one of the most played games on my gp32 (same)
Qbillion on c64 - very innovative game where you push crates off each other - nothing like sokoban!
Prince of Persia on opensnes - not a typical puzzler, but definately brain-teasing
Flipover - new game, hopefully will get a little more development, still very good

Tetris Attack on SNES or Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on GBC (same game)

All this talk of puzzles, got me wondering... I used to play a game called "Logical" for the Amiga, and found it to be very fun. Does anyone know if this game exist for other systems?

All this talk of puzzles, got me wondering... I used to play a game called "Logical" for the Amiga, and found it to be very fun. Does anyone know if this game exist for other systems?

I think there might be a version for Atari ST and one for GBC, I've not tried them so I can't comment on how (and if) they run.

B)

I've recently got really hooked on Magical Drop 2 on opensnes, man it's addictive as hell

Also I tried denki blocks and mr. driller which are really cool too.

Thanks to those who mentioned them

:D

Neomorpheus posted on Feb 5 2004 at 12:11 AM said:
All this talk of puzzles at got me wondering... I used to play a game called "Logical" for the Amiga, and found it to be very fun. Does anyone know if this game exist for other systems?

I think there might be a version for Atari ST and one for GBC, I've not tried them so I can't comment on how (and if) they run.

B)
PC dos and Commodore 64 as well.
But no Atari version.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
actually I just tried logical on the Atari ST (Automation 485) and it works, can't seem to work out how to play it though, think it uses mouse AND joystick... ho hum

magicaldropmuahahhaa :blink:

frolik posted on Feb 16 2004 at 11:02 PM said:
actually I just tried logical on the Atari ST (Automation 485) and it works, can't  seem to work out how to play it though, think it uses mouse AND joystick... ho hum

magicaldropmuahahhaa :blink:
Ok my bad :rolleyes: , I was going by this site here. Proves that things shouldn`t be taken at face value. ;)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
so has anyone ever played logical? I can't work out how to play it....

Did I mention GP Games? I'm well hooked on shanghai (mahjongg or whatever you call it) but it's soooo damn hard!!

has someone said puyo pop? i couldnt be bothered to c the other 2 pages, if not, its rollicking good fun :)

I could mention several, but for the sake of giving a little more attention to a game that really deserves it, I'll say "Pop-Up" for Gameboy.

The gameplay is difficult to describe... you could say that it's a maze game, with each level fitting on one screen. There are various items and various obstacles along your path to victory, and you have to know what to use and what to conserve, and which route is the best to take.

99 levels and really cool, funky music; really addictive!

It's pretty much unknown, unfortunately... the only mention you'll find of it on the internet is a single review on Gamefaqs. ;)

I urge you all to give it a try! B)

a few more beauties for the list:

* electronia (but of course!)
* Numo - addictive numbers game
* GP Sweeper - classic minesweeper action

Columns, Game Gear. My wife completely annihalates me in this game, but I still lke to play it :lol:

Back