What Browser Are You Using? How Good Is It?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
I have tried all of the available browsers and there is problems with all of them.some minor,some not.
Why not have one default browser and other default apps that are fully working in one pnd or such.
A browser thet fully works.I know its open source and so people can change the programs if they want.
Standarization is important i believe.chromium,firefox,fennec,firefox3.6..they dont fill the screen in the main os and the corner drag icon does not load.I do not mean to complain,its just sometimes its hard to get the most out of the pandora with such app quirks.

Gruso said:
Moved from News forum. ;)

Chromium is all I'm using, but I'm not doing anything serious with it (like secure sites).
no gmail.no my ebay with chromium for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct. The issues with all browsers are known, just give it some time. :) Chromium is being actively worked on, and apparently the latest libwebkit gets Midori rendering fine too:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55775-conky/page__view__findpost__p__905765

ED might need some help with that one.

Gruso said:
That's correct. The issues with all browsers are known, just give it some time. :) Chromium is being actively worked on, and apparently the latest libwebkit gets Midori rendering fine too:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55775-conky/page__view__findpost__p__905765

ED might need some help with that one.
oh i didny know someone was working on chromium.thats good. ;)

I'm using Firefox exclusively, it works exactly the same as it does on my main and secondary computers. F11 gets you proper full-screen mode (and you can move the mouse pointer to the top of the screen to bring up the tab-bar).

I use lynx on windows and links-g on arch... its great, but non-graphical...the advantage is the absence of annoying ads and things that don't fit on the screen. I guess it would be good for pandora that way.

F11 also gives you full screen on chromium :) I'm using that although I hear it writes to the nand? maybe I shouldn't use it but I prefer it, I use it on my desktop rig.

Prometheus said:
Did I miss something? When did Opera produce a Pandora port? :blink:
They haven't unfortunately. And probably will not for quite some time to come. The topic title didn't specify it needed to be on a Pandora now did it?

As I don't have any Pandora yet, I can't say what I will be using on the Pandora. Probably, I'll go for w3m.

Caine said:
The topic title didn't specify it needed to be on a Pandora now did it?
The text itself does, though - that's what confused me. :lol:

Pardon me.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the question was about pandora browsers. Chromium is the one I've settled on, along with aurora when I have to authenticate my wifi. Hoping we get ssl working soon though.

EvilDragon said:
Chromium for me, too, and FireFox when I need https-sites.
Same,
Its a shame I have to open up firefox just to have a quick look at email or something after browsing nice and quickly on chromium,
Midori doesnt seem to last 60 seconds before it crashes for me,

I use Chromium here, and I plan to use it on my Pandora when I get it. By the way, what's wrong with using Chromium for HTTPS?

Back