What Come With The System, Dev-Wise

sanoski

Still Fresh
Greetings fellow hackers and gaming enthusiast! I'm just now discovering Pandora. This is by far the most awesome open source project I've ever seen. A big thanks to all those who have made it possible. I'm a computer science student that works a lot with C, Java and Python. Can anybody tell me more about Pandora? Assuming since it's running on Linux, there should be a terminal with Python installed by default (2.5?). What about gcc and the jdk? Are these on the system by default? It has bluetooth too, I'm almost salivating at the possibilities. Way more functional than smart phones, yet more compact than a netbook. I guess I'll just have to buy one and see for myself.

You can quite easily set the Pandora up to be self-hosting for compiling things .. its a regular Linux workstation in that regard. Python is included.

u9i said:
Do we need more wiz-section mods?
Good point. I vote yes.

Edit: We don't really have section-specific mods in these forums though. Do you mean global moderators who would be more active in the Wiz section than in the Pandora section? Then they could still move threads such as this one :) .

Edit2: I've started a thread in the suggestions section.

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:
Still not moved. Are there not any mods who visit the Wiz/Caanoo section any more? Do we need more wiz-section mods?
You have to report it, then it gets moved ;)
I agree that more dedicated MODs would be good, though.

If you still want this thread moved just tell me and I'll do it. On the other hand the question has been answered and this thread is now an example why another MOD might be a good idea, so somewhat relevant to the WIZ section, I think.

I'd be happy to help out with such duties relating to the Wiz section, since that and off topic are the two parts I check regularly these days. However, due to my past on the site I can easily see why the powers that be would probably consider that to be a bad idea. Additionally, due to some sort of peculiar forum bug I cannot even view the front page of the forum whilst logged in anymore :p.

Peter R said:
I'd be happy to help out with such duties relating to the Wiz section, since that and off topic are the two parts I check regularly these days. However, due to my past on the site I can easily see why the powers that be would probably consider that to be a bad idea. Additionally, due to some sort of peculiar forum bug I cannot even view the front page of the forum whilst logged in anymore :p .
Yes, I've nominated you in the suggestions thread. Let's keep all further discussion there; it's more likely to get noticed :).

mali said:
u9i said:
Still not moved. Are there not any mods who visit the Wiz/Caanoo section any more? Do we need more wiz-section mods?
You have to report it, then it gets moved ;)
I agree that more dedicated MODs would be good, though.

If you still want this thread moved just tell me and I'll do it. On the other hand the question has been answered and this thread is now an example why another MOD might be a good idea, so somewhat relevant to the WIZ section, I think.

So if i see a thread in the wrong section, i should just click the report link and let them know?

u9i said:
So if i see a thread in the wrong section, i should just click the report link and let them know?
Exactly :)
All MODs see there is a new report and when someone is online he/she can move it.

Back