What comes in the box?

eomonkeyboi24

Still Fresh
When I order my pandora what comes stock in the box? Sorry if this has already been asked. I think it was on the gp32x forums.

nobble said:
When I order my pandora what comes stock in the box? Sorry if this has already been asked. I think it was on the gp32x forums.
A charger and your Pandora(w/ Battery), I believe. Stylus should also be included.

That's what I thought. Just double checking. I'm trying to do my balance so I can put my money away for it.

anmisccali said:
Does it come with any emulators pre-installed?

This is more along the lines of what I'm curious about. What software is going to be pre-installed emulator or otherwise?

Ah jumped the gun with the Q.
Found this in the FAQ's.

" Please be aware that while the Pandora has the capability to emulate dozens of game and computer systems, the necessary emulation software will need to be ported to the Pandora platform for each system. See the emulators page for more details. "

anmisccali said:

While I can't speak for the devs, I'd say almost certainly not. It would not reflect on them very well if they included emulators out of the box, as they want an image of a reputable company, not some obscure Chinese manufacturer. Emulation is a legal grey area for a lot of places, so there's no reason putting it on there when the user can easily download any application he or she desires.

What hasn't been mentioned is a paper manual. I thought it had been mentioned at least some small paper manual would be included.

anexanhume said:
anmisccali said:

While I can't speak for the devs, I'd say almost certainly not. It would not reflect on them very well if they included emulators out of the box, as they want an image of a reputable company, not some obscure Chinese manufacturer. Emulation is a legal grey area for a lot of places, so there's no reason putting it on there when the user can easily download any application he or she desires.

What hasn't been mentioned is a paper manual. I thought it had been mentioned at least some small paper manual would be included.

I think the manual will be pre-installed ;) as well as on the disc that comes with it. At least for the first batch im not expecting anything more than 10 pages, and that's probably mostly the legal stuff that is manditory and "how to load battery, turn it on, and login (if that is even necessary). But i would not mind being wrong in this case :)

If I remember correctly, ED said there would be a PDF manual and it may or may not come with a printed one.

What about the OS?

If it comes with Ängstrǒm(don't remember the accents perfectly), will it have FF pre-installed?

Re: What about the OS?

kloplop321 said:
If it comes with Ängstrǒm(don't remember the accents perfectly), will it have FF pre-installed?
Of course! How else would you download those emulators? :lol:

I was also wondering what comes preinstalled on the pandora. hehe. I'm hoping that the instructions pdf is on the pandora itself.

Dauric said:
This is more along the lines of what I'm curious about. What software is going to be pre-installed emulator or otherwise?

I know that it won't come with any media player preinstalled because of patent issues.

It could come with a few demo games, but I'm not sure I'd appreciate it, because they would have to be installed on the nand, and it would break the system-on-nand-games-on-sd rule.

valhalla said:
I know that it won't come with any media player preinstalled because of patent issues.

That doesn't seem to make sense. Aren't you only pushing the patent laws if you have patent-encumbered *codecs* installed? Tons of completely FOSS distros come preinstalled with mplayer or xine and a ton of codecs, just not the specific ones that they can't legally include.

Back