What Digicam Should I Buy?

loz_the_guru

i cant think of a good custom member title. Sugges
Website
Visit site
well i sold my old ixus 700 on ebay, too soon! The sony i bought to repalce it wasnt all that i hoped it would be, meaning ive taken it back, and now have no camera! Rubbish. but anyhow, can anyone recommend me a 7mp or higher compact camera? I looked at a mju 700, and quite like it, but im not sure whether its all metal case or not.

I have this, and it's great, but i'd guess that you'd want a more compact one, so maybe this

i really liked the second one, it seems to be a very decent camera, but its not unltra portable so id have to buy a smaller one to take on nights out or whatever, plus it seems to be very very expensive, 300+ territory.

Well, i dunno if you would be interested, but Tesco sells 5mp ones with screen and flash, memcard support etc for £50

Many years ago I got a Sony DSC-S50, only 2.1mp but is still my main digital camera, the quality of the images is fantastic, better than y old mans 5mp Kodak thing.
it also has a rotating screen which has been great at gigs when holding over my head.
You can pick up a DSC-S50 off ebay for about £30-£40 well worth it.

What was wrong with the Sony you had?

Personally I've always gone with Olympus for most of my cameras, from my old SLRs to digitals, the Sony was a suprising exception.

why do you need it to be 7mp?

i'm asking out of interest, do you do a photography course or somesuch?

i've never really seen the benefit of more than 3 or 4 for most photography needs.

i need it to be 7 cos you can print out onto A3 at those resolutions, whereas anything lower cant. Im not doing a photography course, but I love my a3 plints of glastonbury/other festivals or holiday snaps etc.

Back