What Do People Think About Topic Regulation In Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Junebug7556

I don't think so. Right now, the best part of the Pandora is the gaming controls built in with the keyboard. As soon as another device mimics that, than I would suspect real competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Phawx' said:
@Junebug7556

I don't think so. Right now, the best part of the Pandora is the gaming controls built in with the keyboard. As soon as another device mimics that, than I would suspect real competition.
Yes, I agree - if it works. I haven't seen anything on YouTube showing this apart from dev. boards.

This is not the place to discuss it - as its not the thread topic - but the angular nature of the case (90 deg. right angles) is not best for controllers - the Master System & Nes were right angled - but no thumbstick device. All thumbstick devices are moulded or rounded controllers - it may be otherwise - but I doubt you'd play without cramping your hand playing on the Pandoras thumbsticks. Until then - I'm a skeptic, no agnostic, no athiest.

'gp2.eXe' said:
See? Now even this thread is going off-topic... in an off-topic topic on an off-topic forum.
I know, isn't it beautiful? B)

You're nuts if you think the Pandora is 'stagnated' - cramming an x86 into a small formfactor isn't my idea of progress. ARM has been going from strength-to-strength, while x86 is all "hmm, how can we get this into a small box with just enough cooling and battery life for people to shove money at us". I haven't used an x86 laptop in about 5 years, ever since I got my first (ARM) Zaurus.

The Pandora's (and Beagleboard's) software base is going to get better and better over time as people learn to use the hardware to it's full potential, something we do *not* see on an x86 platform.

(On topic (heh): go Chip! I believe in you! :D)

(naw)mcx posted on Mar 31 2009 at 04:39 PM said:
I've got it.

You have to fill out a quiz, if you pass that, you get to enter.

For example.

Will the Pandora run Counter Strike/Half life
Yay/Nay

Will the Pandora run N64 games
Yes/No/Maybe

Will the Pandora run PS3 games
Yes/No/Penis.

And so on. Sounds stupid, but could stop lots of questions, forcing the new kids on the block to do some research.

Slightly fixed that up for you. I think threads should stay open unless they get nasty and personal. And a bit of humour is needed, the thread about the gameboy and stuff killing the pandora may have been stupid, but at least people werent just shouting aggressively back and forth at each other in it.

Anyone notice the trend of increasing zombie games coming out? Not that I mind, but it seems like they are getting up there with Ninja/Pirates/Robots status.

Also Dead Rising 2 Multiplayer confirmation has been revoked :( I was really looking forward to multiplayer Dead Rising.

'Exophase' said:
There's no real discussion or community, just people looking for their own individual answers so they can be off again. I'm vaguely afraid that gp32x might one day become like this, but that's another topic altogether.
Reelect mods and Xteam members.
Remove the pandora subforum.
Also ban filthy market rats like craigix and bad lizard for spreading and supporting that OMAP gerpies.

P.S: IMHO :rolleyes:

gerpies? As in Henital Gerpies?

EDIT: Also Pandora Killer was announced today. Game controls built in just like the Pandora:

i.gizmodo.com/5192261/the-game+800-a-fatty-pocket-emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back