What Do You Mostly Use

7zark7

Now i have my Wiz and have got picodrive and mame running.

What emulators or games do you play the most.

Are there any good turn based rpg's out there I should try :)

Should I try quake , or does doom run better.

Mark

I made a turn based rpg for wiz a while back. It's slightly buggy and hasn't been maintained but it's not bad. It's called Monster 2 and it's available on dl.openhandhelds.org.

i compiled a list of some favs after going through all of them, yes all of them.
SNES
battle toads vs double dragon
demon crest
ff2 and ff3
evo evolution
zelda
magical quest mickey mouse
star wars games
super mario
t2 arcade
castlevania
combat tribes
super metroid
dragon view

MAME
bad dudes
batman
black tiger
bubble bobble
crossed swords
dark seal d&d sytle game
discs of tron upright
final fight
galivan
ghost and goblins and ghouls and ghosts
golden axe
growl
heavy barrel
king of monsters 1 2
magic sword
ninja combat
rastan 1 and 2
robo cop
strider
simpsons 2 player
sunset riders 2 player
willow
xmen

SEGA
alien3
blades of vengeance
blaster master 2
cadash
chakan
death return superman
forgotten worlds
risky woods
time killers
waterworld
populous 1 and 2 they are the best on picodrive

illtry to put more my hands are tired im on a ps3 haha

The game I've played the most on the Wiz is probably Snather for Sega CD, really immersive story telling game. It plays a bit like an adventure game, I found it very interesting.

I'm currently playing:

DrPocketSNES - Shadowrun - 'tis a great little RPG/adventure with very moody graphics and sound. Runs great with the latest firmware as there is no tearing.

Picodrive - Keio Flying Squadron - if you love Parodius, you'll love this shmup.

ScummVM - The Secret of Monkey Island - an absolute classic point 'n' click adventure that I somehow never played when it was originally released. Great Python-esque humour and graphics that still hold up well today.

Ah yes, turn based RPGs... well there are the obvious ones like Chrono Trigger (one of the best RPGs of all time IMO) and Final Fantasy II/III for the SNES, but you should also try Lunar 1 & 2 and Shining Force CD (an SRPG admittedly, but still amazing) for the Sega CD, via Picodrive of course. If you don't mind action-based RPGs then Ys I & II for the TGCD via Temper is one of the finest action RPGs ever created. Lastly, Golden Sun for the GBA is pretty decent too.

brilliant thanks , I have also downloaded donkey kong country for the SNES, works really well ( I was suprised).

I have been playing super bomber man 2 , also seems to work well.

Chaos Engine for the Genesis , Gods for the Genesis

Tried Splatterhouse on the latest version of MAME , still very choppy.

All in all , Loving it :)

Mark

I've played these beginning to end. I'm a 3d junkie. NFSU is a true 3d game and it runs pretty fast if you clock the WiZ at 866mhz. GTA3 is pseudo 3d, but they do a really good job of it. There are also TONS of cars to unlock. My favorite was the Nissan Skyline R32. Any way I know these arent rpg's but sometimes its good to try something different.

-Need For Speed Underground 1 (gba)
-GT Advance 3 (gba)

I also played Chex Quest which ran REALLY fast on the WiZ and is very playable. Spout is good too. Vertical Tetris.

If you clock your WIZ to 866mhz Ridge Racer 1 for psx is *almost* playable.

looks like 800 is my limit, so I can't really play the 3D GBA games. XD

I have the option of going all the way up to 900. I've only had one game run without crashing at 900mhz. Galaga. LOL. Everything else just crashes.

Back