What Does A Real Wiz Successor Need?

Kasumi89

Iam Interested to know what you want for a next GPH console, what on the Wiz is missed!
I tell you what i think:
-an easy to open and close case(simply contructed Case to make modding easy)
-a nub, under that a D-pad and more buttons
-bigger Display with 800x600 pixels
-NO Tearing (Display with the right form)
-better and round buttons
-Perfomance should be high enough to emulate Dreamcast
-Motioncontrol
-better Software (firmware)
-Wifi, Bluetooth, 2 USB and TV out
-Release in 2-3 years

Say what you want and if you want you can also tell a good unique name.
Hope for productive comments without the word Pandora because they´re diffrent.

from my side as i'm mainly using the wiz for programming fun: SDK. at release time, for all major platforms. and a better firmware would be a nice gift, too.

Kasumi89 said:
Iam Interested to know what you want for a next GPH console, what on the Wiz is missed!
I tell you what i think:
-an easy to open and close case(simply contructed Case to make modding easy)
-a nub, under that a D-pad and more buttons
-bigger Display with 800x600 pixels
-NO Tearing (Display with the right form)
-better and round buttons
-Perfomance should be high enough to emulate Dreamcast
-Motioncontrol
-better Software (firmware)
-Wifi, Bluetooth, 2 USB and TV out
-Release in 2-3 years

Say what you want and if you want you can also tell a good unique name.
Hope for productive comments without the word Pandora because they´re diffrent.

Almost everything you said the Pandora has! Minus the motion control.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does a real Wiz successor need? Better developer support and less bugs.

I bought a GP2X and got one with the audio polarity reversed. Even with that fixed, it didn't work that well as a mp3/ogg player. I tried doing some development but I could never get the USB or serial working properly. It worked okay for playing games, but I was really frustrated by the low quality and many bugs.

I'd say that this is the description of the Pandora? You can get it pretty soon.

Yeah, I have to agree with what kasumi is saying, that'd be a sweet handheld. And supposing they'd actually do it, it'd have some chances in being in retail before the pandora does retail. But unfortunately I think DaveC is correct in pointing out that it'll be a cheapo version.

1. No kick in the ass from GPH. They're already planning on releasing a new console next year. No doubt it will be as, if not more than, faulty as the Wiz.
Its not a Real Successor its only a really better WIZ.

Almost everything you said the Pandora has! Minus the motion control.

OK its your thinking but i mean that not every N64 even run perfectly and i mean Dreamcast absolut Fullspeed.
The Hardware should be definitive higher than from the Pandora. I said in 2-3 years!
I think also about a camera like on the Gizmondo for Augmented Reality and the Price about 200€ on the Release.
This Handheld dont need a keyboard you can buy a small usb keyboard if you want.
It has everything what Retro gamers really need.
At the Moment the Iphone 3GS is the unbeatable Handheld (without looking on Price that is definitive to high) because Sony and Nintendo
only want to make as much money as they can with their very old Handhelds PSP and DS.
The Pandora want to be the ultimate System. But i think when someone wants a Netbook he buys a Netbook and for 300€ you become a very good Netbook that you can use with Linux and Windows. I have a really Fast PC I want a real Handheld that i can hold like a Handheld with a price thats not higher than the newest tv consoles.

Back