What Gadgets You Own Are Going To Be Replaced By Pandora?

Pandora will replace my GP2X, 1st-gen iPod Touch (already gone), and virtually all the gaming I do on my iMac. I won't miss all the time spent converting videos into iTunes compatible formats...just copy and go.

If Pandora's media functions can eventually (maybe it already can) playback a podcast/audiobook playlist at 1.3x or 1.5x speed (but with 1x just a couple clicks away), and has some sort of resume feature, then it could replace my 2nd-gen iPod Nano as well. Play count increment or played/unplayed would also be good to have, but not a must. That's probably another thread, I haven't searched, just thought of it now.

Now that all said, Pandora may cause me to purchase some bluetooth headphones and a GPS add-on, but we'll see what comes on the software side. ;) Technically I suppose it also replaces any potential PSP purchase I may have considered if Pandora never existed...same for the Wiz.

Hell of a deal if you ask me. B)

My pandora will replace a few old stuff,
- my T3 (with battery running less than 3 hours on stand-by...)
- my TabletPC (motherboard died 4 weeks ago)
- my GBA
- mp3 player function of my phone...

- My PSP, save for PSP games (yeah like there's many of those worth playing)
- Dancing Stage Max, assuming I can get my TX6500 to work with Stepmania on my Pandora
- NES, SNES, and hopefully my N64 since I never have these plugged in anyway

It will replace my ogg Vorbis player (especially if it can handle FLAC)
I hope it will replace my Garmin iQue 3600. Depends on how well I can get GPS maps working.
It will not replace my PSP or my PS3 since it won't emulate those games.
It will not replace my desktop computer (it does not have a 30" screen).

PSP (I only run emulators on it, the commercial games mostly suck), Carputer (after I make a docking station that connects the Pandora to my stereo, GPS receiver, and a web cam), GP2X F200 (it takes too long to boot up)...and I suppose that the Pandora will make me decide to hold off on purchasing a laptop. I would also say that it would replace the Wiz, but the screen is so small on that system that I decided to just skip purchasing it altogether.

* Cowon A2
* GP2X

Both are still working perfectly though, so I dunno yet if I'll sell them, give them away, or keep them for nostalgia sake :D

it's going to replace my gp2x.

it's not going to replace my ds, at least not in the near future. the ds might eventually go if and when it will be possible to run ds-10 and glitchds (or clones thereof) on pandora.

same for my ipod touch: i will keep that as well - unless there will be some miraculous emu or wrapper thing that allows to run iphone apps on pandora. not very likely, i guess.

[edited for spelling]

It will not replace any of my gadgets (iPhone 3G, Laptop, UX1XN, PSP, PC, etc.), I bought all of them for a good reason and I'm very happy with them. Pandora will be a new toy, not a replacement for other gadgets that are very good to do what they suppose to do. Commercial gadgets that are mass produced do have some advantages compare to somthing that only about 4000 has been made, e.g. reliability, ease of use, bugs, easily replaced when damaged, and because of my work requirements.

I'm sure I will carry Pandora everywhere I go, but it wont replace any gadgets that I have

adamorjames said:
Dunny said:
I'll be tossing out my NDSL and my GP2X. I may sell the DS, but the 2X is going in the nearest bin.

The NDS has an R4+3-in-1, and the R4 is basically just stuffed to the gills with GBA roms - I've never found anything worth playing on the DS, whereas I've spent hundreds of hours on the GBA games.

Why are you throwing away your 2X? I may want it. Is there something bad about the 2X?
No, it's in perfect condition - I've just been looking forward to being able to send it for recycling for a long time now. The '2x was the worst purchasing decision I've ever made.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
No, it's in perfect condition - I've just been looking forward to being able to send it for recycling for a long time now. The '2x was the worst purchasing decision I've ever made.

D.
I sent you a PM but I have little faith in PMs here.. seems like the last few times I've sent them I haven't gotten any reponse.

Last edited by a moderator:
MP3 players, Nokia 770, Nokia N800, Psion Series 5mx and Netbook, Newton MessagePad 2100, Archos PMA430, Pepper Pad 3, Fujitsu Stylistic 4120p tablet pc...

All these (and perchance more) are going to be tossed in the Great Cardboard Box of Doom.

DS with flashcart - It is my wife's anyway, but now I'll never have a reason to pick it up.
Laptop - It's a POS Fujitsu. I'll probably sell it back to the friend I got it from.
MP3 player - I only use it in the car, or on days I am forced to use public transit.
GP2X - broken oh so long ago :(
... that's about it ... The Pandora is the portable gadget I've been waiting for.

Back