What Gadgets You Own Are Going To Be Replaced By Pandora?

It will replace my Nokia N800. My N800 is the only reason I was able to resist preordering. It's doing everything I need, for now. When the Pandora is a stocking item, I'll be ready to upgrade.

Laptop - Giving this away to a family member who works for the YMCA, where hardware is badly needed.
iPod (kinda) - I was on the verge of buying one - specifically searching for similar linux-based devices - when I found out about the Pandora
DS Lite (maybe) - Definitely replaces the gba carts. We'll see about DS, though.
N64 (Maybe)
Card Reader - :p

* my PSP - I hate that damn thing now <_< , I think I'd have stopped playing games altogether if the pandora wasn't coming out, the PSP is currently a lowly placeholder.

*possibly my 20GB Sony Walkman

*if it can run ubuntu, it will replace my P.C for the best part of my time :)

Eniko said:
Am I seriously the only dork here who still plays the old Pokemon GBA games and is thus keeping the DS for transferring them over to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? >_>
na i still play them on my old gbasp, they bring back fond memories of long haul flights spent glued to a game boy screen lol. Although as far as the pandora is concerned i dont think i will put them on it as the likes of final fantasy and chronotrigger will end up replacing pokemon as my portable rpgs :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My DS with CycloDS (I will just leave it with my little brother).
My MP3 player that Linux tried to format and destroyed.
My laptop that cannot make it past five minutes due to the broken battery.

Karel Jansens said:
Upon reflection, the Newtons are most likely going to stay on my desk. Those who ever used one will know why.
I'm really hoping Einstein will be able to run on the Panda. That would make me exceedingly happy.

For me it would replace the following
My HTC Wizard (The lcd is broken): PDA and MP3 Player part
My Digital Tablet (Once something like colors ds or adobe flash is ported/made) : For quick doodles and coloring
My eee Laptop: Hopefully pandora can burn cds, make usb bootdisks and such with the right usb hardware
my car's cd player (Must get fm transmitter)
My other laptop (It's screen is also broken): I have no idea why I still keep it.
DS Lite: The homebrew part
PSP Phat: The homebrew part
GBA Micro: The homebrew part.
PS2: Since I doubt I'll be getting any new games for it anytime soon.

Too bad, I'll probably get my Pandora on May... because of unfair taxation and the fact that no one from the States is coming here to my country. Oh well, I guess my brother in law will enjoy the Pandora for me. (Regrets being first batch)

My GP2X and WindowsXP Laptop have already been replaced by my eeePC 701 running Ubuntu.

If the Pandora can run Ubuntu with Apache, MySQL and PHP and can plug in to a larger monitor like the Eee can, it could replace the Eee.

I saw someone say that the Pandora would replace their iPhone. I'm trying to decide between the following devices:

- Apple iPhone 3G pay as you go. (I hate apple but it would be a useful device)
- Some sort of Google android phone when they eventually arrive here in Ireland
- The Pandora.

If the Pandora could make phone calls there would be no contest!

I can only afford one of them though.

This thread is distressing. Throw gadgets away? It can't be allowed!
Prophet said:
And since I rarely even play games much anymore
That proves it - this thread is just a hoax and full of lies... ;)

As I don't have NITs, MIDs or iThings;
I'll still need my phone and small mp3 player;
I will still use my laptop for browsing to try and not go blind;
the only thing that is likely to get ditched is my MDAIII (PDA), as soon as Pandora can do everything it currently does. At that point She Who Must Be Obeyed can have it to play games on.

It will replace my Neo-Geo arcade machine (which I need to sell before I can afford the :pandora1: ), N800, GP2X and my iPod. Don't think I will be selling the other stuff though.
The 2x will be used by my nieces and nephew (when he's old enough), the iPod will stay in my car and I'll probably let my parents use the N800 when they go on holidays etc.

My Gp2x, Sega Megadrive & Snes

Only if there was USB Sim card reader and that someone could make a small Mobile phone app which let's us send text's and make call though are sim *sigh*

Devices I actually use:
DS
Devices that were replaced by my DS (used or not):
Game boy
MP3-Player
Homebrew machine
Devices that I don't actually have, but would get replaced if i did:
MP4-Player
Portable DVD player
UMPC

Back