What have you bought recently?

The table water serving suggestion seems a bit odd to me. Also, is Jonathan Carr related to Jimmy?

I've fired up my Mikugotchi. I've filled her food and happiness meters and played a couple of mini games with her so far.

Further info about the model I purchased:

Another Tamagotchi Nano because these things are addictive. My choice was between the Pac-Man one and the R2-D2 one. I picked the R2-D2 one because it's the most interesting of the two (personal opinion) also it was £10 cheaper which didn't hurt.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the outfit that my Mikugotchi has ended up with is her 2013 Magical Mirai one.

lOflRbmV.webp

Last edited:
New mouse, as the sensor of my old Roccat Kone Pure failed: Logitech G502X lightspeed. I only once in my life owned a cheap wireless mouse, which was really, really bad. Operating it on the laptop's side opposite of the the USB port with the receiver made it fail intermittently. This thing on the other hand works like a charm. Already reproduced all the shortcuts from my old mouse in the Logitech software: PgUp, PgDown, Pos1 and End set to MWheelUp, MWheelDown, LMouse and RMouse respectively, etc. I can't use a browser without these, or without mouse gestures any more. For gaming I like the button near the thumb's tip: It lowers DPI when held down. Great for getting that extra bit of precision momentarily.
The X version also comes with hybrid optical switches, supposedly lasting a lot longer than pure mechanical ones - time will tell, I guess.
IMG_20230621_170533.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the SN30 Pro from 8Bitdo
I just bought this too, and unfortunately it seems to be a really bad fit for my hands. I've used a lot of different controllers and really thought I was going to like that one :(

Well, its got the same dimensions as the SNES Controller (Compared it to my SNES Mini Controller), but also the same formfactor, so maybe not that ergonomic as a XBOX or PS Controller whit it horns, but it feels for me quite good, and i did allready 2 Test Sessions on the Steamdeck whit lots of different Game Genres via Emudeck, worked best for 2D Stuff, but you can also play your PS2 and Gamecube Stuff as long as you dont need the Analogue Shoulderbuttons..
On Weekend i try to pack it in my Switch Case, and use it also for Switch Games, and i want to make a Video whit it playing Emu EX Alpha + on the Pyra whit Bookworm..

Allthough these new 8Bitdo Controllers EvilDragon showed in his last Video where maybe much better for my purpose but i have now this Controller..

Forgot to mention that Peony got a watch upgrade x number of months ago. She wanted a watch with more features than her Casio W217H but still with a military style, so I got her a Casio AE1200WHB.

I got her the one with the black strap.

She particularly likes the dual time display feature, because when we're watching a location/area tour video she can see what time it currently is there as well as where we are.

In other watch related news, me wearing a watch for a decent amount of time each day is paying off. I naturally have very soft skin that marks if I look at it funny. But I've noticed just recently that the skin on my wrists isn't getting marked as easily as it used to.

Reactions: rSl
After a long long wait I finally was able to order a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W.
They still are hard to get, but I spotted two shops having some limited quantity available so I ordered one (you also usually can't order more). So possibly stocks are being filled and they might be in stock more often.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W.png
In case you're looking for available stock, there is a site for that: https://rpilocator.com/

the second Victorinox Swisschamp in my Collection, this time in Blue , and it’s the standard swisschamp, not this workshop in your pocket monster SAK like the XLT..
had to use its small blade today already and it’s fits still my hands..
the red is the XLT whit Bit Driver.., the Blue will now be my new edc knife
IMG_0974.jpeg

I stumbled across the following (possibly maybe perhaps NSFW) item earlier today and was given an ultimatum by Peony, if I buy it then she leaves. Long story short it should arrive in a couple of months (I'm very excited).

Don't worry I haven't actually bought it.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
So, when you tank lots of moneys for useless dolls she's fine with that, but as soon as your eyeing one with real practical use madame throws a tantrum? Women!

So, when you tank lots of moneys for useless dolls she's fine with that,

She's not 100% fine with it, but there's not really that much she can do about it since its my money I'm spending. Also they're not dolls mom they're action figures. :p

but as soon as your eyeing one with real practical use madame throws a tantrum?

She's fine with me having one if she gets to pick how it looks. The reason is she's going to use it as her physical body if/when the ability to transfer people into different bodies becomes available in the future.

I see, leaving you in this case means transfering into a body without actuators or a nervous system.

Back