What have you bought recently?

I got two nokias now, for enteral lasting spares:
The newish 105 for 10 bucks and a mint model 100 for just 3 bucks.
Think i am gonna put the 100 in my emergency pouch.

Emergency pouch….. now I’m curious what else is in it. Will it help when the Russians arrive? Does it contain suicide equipment? Are you going to offer your retro phones to the Russians? Ah… they’ll think your a Gypsy / insane and spare you. Smart.

No, its just a phone. I call it emergency cause its usually not turned on.

The dock for the Steam Deck. The first thing it did (automatically) was upgrading the firmware of the dock causing you to not be able to do anything at that moment (it takes a while).
Afterwards it worked nicely. The standard resolution of the Deck on a 4k display is notable but when your playing I didn't really mind, so I didn't feel the need to change resolution.
I worried the USB connector could break as the Deck is just sitting on top of the dock without being forced in place. But the cable is ver flexible so that will be fine.
It would be a problem on the Nintendo Switch, there the USB-C connector is in the middle of the bottom of the dock. The Switch dock is a tiny bit easier but also more bulky due to that.
dock-jpg.38379

No, its just a phone. I call it emergency cause its usually not turned on.
Where do you store it, in your car or house?
If you have an emergency kit ready depends on your location I guess, in Japan I think every company and person has emergency supplies due to the common earthquakes etc.

Youre misinterpreting my intend here.
When i go biking in the hills i just prefer to have a phone with me anywhere on the bike in case i break a leg and need a lift.
Also a torch, bandaid, pocketknife and tissues for emergency diarrhoea.

A Shaq-a-Roni pizza from Papa John’s. That’s right, only one pizza this time. I can pretend I’m being healthy.

You know, Shaq weighs more than I do, and no one calls him fat. I think maybe that’s not the first time I pointed that out.

Reactions: rSl
If you wonder if the Steam Deck's dock would work on a regular Windows 10 laptop: Yes, it works fine. Only the USB-C plug is a bit big, so it's not convenient to fit to the side of a laptop.

A Shaq-a-Roni pizza from Papa John’s. That’s right, only one pizza this time. I can pretend I’m being healthy.

You know, Shaq weighs more than I do, and no one calls him fat. I think maybe that’s not the first time I pointed that out.
Even Shaq though he was fat: https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...n/news-story/8407244c8bcf6198b8a56912ce28b0a7

Last edited:
As long as you stick to these vowels... duck is alright, mind you, and I don't know anything about what dack could be
Well in Australia....to "DACK"someone is to sneak up behind them and with i quick movement pull down their tracky dacks. probably what they call sweat pants in USA?

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
In the past week: Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Mr. Driller DrillLand

Today: Undernauts Labyrinth of Yomi, 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim, SpongeBob SquarePants Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

Back