What have you bought recently?

The TinyNES came with schematics and a BoM, a "random" game, 8bitdo controller, braided cables, and stickers and adapters. I'm pretty impressed with their attention to detail, and there are plenty of mod opportunities including converting to PAL, adding original chips and updating the output video. Haven't had chance to try it much yet, but it worked great with the sample cartridge, and the build quality looks awesome.

Hoping "some day" I might get time to research and potentially write games for it (via a programmable cartridge adapter).

IMG_20221111_173359.jpg

Pokémon Scarlet physical preorder. I like how there’s an actual point to getting physical Switch games, as they don’t need to be installed on the system. Not only do physical PS5 and XSX games need full installs, but some publishers these days aren’t bothering to put the game data on the disc, instead just unlocking a download.

Two medium pizzas. One beef and onion, the other Canadian bacon and pineapple.
For us European folks - what's the actual diameter of a US medium pizza?

And how thick are they? We get American style pizza in super markets and those are 2-3 times thicker than an italian one. Can't say I'm a fan of that, too much dough.

There isn't a standard for pizza dimensions here. If it is really thick it might be deep dish or pan.

For us European folks - what's the actual diameter of a US medium pizza?

And how thick are they? We get American style pizza in super markets and those are 2-3 times thicker than an italian one. Can't say I'm a fan of that, too much dough.
There probably no official standard for these things I guess, in the EU this is some common sizes:
25cm = medium
30cm = regular
35cm = large
40cm = extra large

Thinking about getting a cheap console for when i am out fishing.
Maybe this: What do you think?
And no, no pyra for fishing, its wet, sandy, and my fingers are full of maggotjuice and fishslime.
I'm still not convinced by the fact that the joystick is not diagonal to the joypad. Also, the picture shown, where they hold it in their hands... it's clearly photoshopped onto (same hands on both models). Tell me if it was comfortable. How's the center of gravity of the device?

Excuse my ignorance (sumimasen!) But what is that scissor used for? (ceremonial? Ikebana? Yakuza?)

$60 PlayStation store credit and two eight-ounce jars of instant coffee, from Walgreens this morning. I now have $110 PlayStation store credit ready for tomorrow’s fall sale, which should get me like three games if I’m lucky. Darn you, console tax.

Reactions: rSl
I'm still not convinced by the fact that the joystick is not diagonal to the joypad. Also, the picture shown, where they hold it in their hands... it's clearly photoshopped onto (same hands on both models). Tell me if it was comfortable. How's the center of gravity of the device?

Excuse my ignorance (sumimasen!) But what is that scissor used for? (ceremonial? Ikebana? Yakuza?)
Usually for embroidery and stuff, cutting threads.
I use them for rebuilding atomizers, cutting the cotton wick to size. I haven't used them much, yet. But first impression is, I manage way better to actually place the cut, where I want it (exact length and angle), than with small European scissors. It's all very fiddly.

Spent my $110 PlayStation store credit. Actually redeemed points for $5 more through the PlayStation Stars rewards program, so the following was approximately $115:

theHunter Call of the Wild Diamond Edition
Tales of Arise Ultimate Edition
SnowRunner
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series

Reactions: rSl
I am currently buying a pair of every inline skate brand on the market to conclude which of these are worthy to buy in the future and which sell cheap china crap.

Its currently the season where you can get up to 70% discount for them

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2 SSD with heatsink, for my PS5, off of Amazon. Arrives in about a week. I’m gonna try installing it myself; hopefully I won’t brick my system.

I’m gonna try installing it myself

That reminds me, this is the video that convinced me I could install an M.2 SSD in my PS5 by myself.

£66 ... Couldn't resist.

1080-x-1080_2_.png
How many arms do you have? Or are you using one a day and have one for each day of the year? ;)
It's a beauty. And you can wash the dishes while wearing it, which is kinda cool...
Post automatically merged:

I myself am thinking of buying something like this:
(or at least a screen with more height, so I can have a pdf readers and not need to scroll up/down to read a single page).

Finally got round to trying out my weighted blanket. It made me feel trapped (despite me not having claustrophobia) but I decided to persevere, woke up this morning with most of it on the floor so had tried to kick it off during the night. When I woke up )to go to the toilet) I got straight out of bed which is unusual for me and didn't want to get back in because I was experiencing anxiety about having the blanket on me. I assuaged these feelings by dumping the blanket on the floor and ignoring its existence. I'm due to go to my voluntary job at a local charity shop tomorrow so am going to drop it off there.

Back