What Is Minimal Sdk 0.c ?

fargo

I found this page and would like to know more about it. Is it a programming language? If yes, the has it been used to develop real apps or games for gp2x?

Thank you.

Is the most powerful libs for C to use on GP2X. I am not joking.

U can compile for lots of things XBOX, PS,GBA,PC,LINUX,DC, etc.

SOmething similar to SDL but better :) But more difficult to program.

You can compile for GP2X using rlyeh's Minimal SDK. You cannot compile for any other platform.

Minimal SDK is a library written in C for use in a C or C++ application to access the hardware on the GP2X. It allows you to set the screen type that you want, to quickly draw images on the screen using the hardware blitter, to access the buttons and stick, to add sound playback support, to use the 2nd processor, plus a whole lot more.

You still have to know how to write programs in C or C++ to use Minimal SDK. Think of SDL as heavyweight, and Minimal SDK as lightweight (though getting heavier).

the minimal sdk is supposed to be quick and have access to the gp2x hardware directly. its like sdl but quicker and is something made specifically for the gp2x. this release add some extras like full dual core support, direct access to tv out functions, and more.

Sounds very interesting - I'm not experienced with SDL (always use Allegro nowadays), so I'd prefer to use something like this - more low-level I guess..

Be good to see what it will support and an example prog :)

Back