Gp2x Sdk?

CyberAxe

i'm gonna be ordering a gp2x as soon as i get my money in the bank but was wondering about the sdk since ive not seen any news on it or anyone mention it in ages

i heard it was gonna make programming for the gp2x quite easy (which is good the majority of my programing skills are web based or object oriented based) and i was planning on making some games and i want to get started on it now!

Yup, current setups are C, C++ and Python I believe. On top of C/C++ you have SDL, Rlyeh's minlib and direct hardware. Don't know about Python.

Python would be the easiest to get started in if you don't already have experience in C/C++. Also supported is pyGame, which most python based games use. PyGame website here has some tutorials to help you get started. What's nice is you can program and test it on your PC and then quickly convert the controls for the GP2X.

thanks, think i'll use pyGame got a few things i want to make now will the DRM work with pyGames? i was thinking of lateron making some commercial games once i'd learned enough to make them at that quality

Back