Programming Language

Just been searching for a way to shuffle a deck of cards in a computer game, wanted to see how other coders had managed it and came across this site

http://www.koders.com/

I used it's search facility and found plenty of source code and loads of ideas, the code is pretty well documented and I found it useful. If anyone else is converting from another language to c/c++ or learning it from scratch it might be helpful.

here's what they have to say about themselves

Koders.com is the leading search engine for open source code. Our source code optimized search engine provides developers with an easy-to-use interface to search for source code examples and discover new open source projects which can be leveraged in their applications.

Just been searching for a way to shuffle a deck of cards in a computer game, wanted to see how other coders had managed it and came across this site

http://www.koders.com/

I used it's search facility and found plenty of source code and loads of ideas, the code is pretty well documented and I found it useful. If anyone else is converting from another language to c/c++ or learning it from scratch it might be helpful.

here's what they have to say about themselves

Koders.com is the leading search engine for open source code. Our source code optimized search engine provides developers with an easy-to-use interface to search for source code examples and discover new open source projects which can be leveraged in their applications.

Thanks for that jislizard, it just found its way into my bookmarks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, but there’s little chance of compiling an existing graphical java program to get it working on the GP2X.

Sure, but there’s little chance of compiling an existing graphical java program to get it working on the GP2X.

I don't think that's what most of these guys are worried about. I think they're just more excited to find that they may not have to learn a whole new programming language to dev for the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true - and the pair of us are Newbies anyway, so, as my most complicated piece of software consists of a hangman game that runs in the console, I'm not worried about current programs not working.

Back