What Language(s) Is Wormux Programmed In?

pan.man.the.2nd

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm starting to look in to porting Wormux to the Pandora. So, what language is Wormux programmed in?

C++ and SDL. Which you could have found out for yourself if you had downloaded the sources first.

It runs on the Nokia tablets, the "porting" required here will simply be compiling it and installing it.

fusion_power said:
Has Wormux good CPU-players (bots) like Worms or is it Human multi player only?
bot are avaible from not too long but there aren't realy good

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Has Wormux good CPU-players (bots) like Worms or is it Human multi player only?
I have heard from some people that hedgewars has better AI, but I don't know, I haven't tested myself.

I gave HedgeWars a quick go the other day and the game seemed absolutely spot on (got my ass handed to me anyway :lol:). One of the best pieces of open source software that I've tested out yet.
I think I'd need a lot more playing before I can truly comment on the AI though.

EDIT: oops lost the quote, never mind.

lardman said:
It runs on the Nokia tablets, the "porting" required here will simply be compiling it and installing it.
That is a very theoretical statement.

I don't know this game precisely, but porting this kind of PC game to GP2X practically requires much more than just recompiling.

First, you have to completely rethink the controls, at least if you want your game to work on F100, without touchscreen. That can be quite tricky if you want your game to be playable.

Second, you have to properly resize the screen to fit to the tiny GP2X screen. That often leads to significant interface problems (what if characters become unreadable?) and various technical problems too (often depending on the quality of the original code).

I have ported DROD to GP2X. I had to completely rewrite the controls, and I had to integrate a multi-view system that could be switched between an interpolated full-screen view and a zoom mode that was following the main character. I can tell you that it was a lot of work.

@hal9000 you are in the Pandora Developers' Corner so why are you mentioning proting to the f100 epecially as the gp2x has much lower resolution so ofc its a bigger problem to port to the gp2x screen res but still he is talking about a pandora port. Yes controls and the other things you mentioned will be a husstle, but still you are in teh Pandora devs corner xD

Back