What Python version to use

Eniko

Raving Python fangirl
Website
purplepirates.darksiren.net
I figure it'll matter little whether I'll use Python 2.5 or 2.6, but before starting to code I thought it best to check which version is best to use if one intends to develop for the Pandora platform. Any thoughts?

No one really knows, so why not just stick to the latest? Python isn't a big programming languages on bugs or glitches, anyway... yeah, its perfect :oops:

Hokay, now I just need to decide between Pyglet and PyGame... the latter is more likely to be ported, the former is less hassle to get good performance on x86 machines. I suppose I could always just have the option for two renderers. :D Yay modular programming.

I use mostly software acceleration in PyGame to get the most compatibility. I wonder if hardware acceleration will be supported through PyGame (this would mean hardware acceleration through SDL right?) on the Pandora.

dasfool said:
I use mostly software acceleration in PyGame to get the most compatibility. I wonder if hardware acceleration will be supported through PyGame (this would mean hardware acceleration through SDL right?) on the Pandora.
I actually asked this in a thread on the other boards and was told that basically, yes, 2D operations will be hardware accelerated on the Pandora. Unfortunately I can't really give you any details since I wasn't told any.

Still, I'd like what I make to be playable on PC too, and for the more heavy duty things on PC I'd want hardware acceleration too, and as far as I know there is no easy way of doing this using PyGame.

Back