What Should I Do?

Website
Visit site
I made a similar thread in off topic called decisions, If a mod is anywhere, please delete it. Once again its in the off topics part called decisions. Any mod who does this I would be greatful to :)

anyway,
I was wondering whether to pre order now, but I think I will wait for Christmas. I'm wondering when at least some basic emulators are made for the wiz. Any news of any emulators being made in the near future? Thanks, Alterdimension

vapourstreak said:
im wondering that too. Any news of a gba emulator? n64?

Yeah me too. wouldn't an n64 emulator be awesome? So would a full speed psx emulator

Last edited by a moderator:
alterdimension said:
I'm wondering when at least some basic emulators are made for the wiz. Any news of any emulators being made in the near future?
Here some AtariST emulator news
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=44373

But I believe that almost half of existing gp2x emulators are already ported or secret wiz forum blah-blah-blah...

YEA LOL. the PSP can do pretty good N64 emulation and perfect psx emulation, but with lsots of optimization

are you planning to buy a gp2x, wiz, or pandora?

does anyone know how to compile GP2X emulators to run on the wiz?

vapourstreak said:
does anyone know how to compile GP2X emulators to run on the wiz?
by F9 most likely

alterdimension said:
vapourstreak said:
im wondering that too. Any news of a gba emulator? n64?

Yeah me too. wouldn't an n64 emulator be awesome? So would a full speed psx emulator

N64 can't happen, the Wiz has no FPU.

FPU = floating point unit, basically a lot of mathematics.

basically wiz can handle most all emus

NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis, Mame, FBA, Neo-geo, gamegear, gba, atari, its mostly the 8bit,16bit generations.
and don't count on the DS happening.

N64 is a no go
Saturn probably no go
dc nope
psx is the only major possibility of getting somewhere.

vapourstreak said:
is a gba emulator possible?
Gp2x have fullspeed (almost fullspeed) GBA emu (on 230+mhz)

But I doubt that 3D games like 007:NightFire and Dooms will be playable

quasist said:
vapourstreak said:
is a gba emulator possible?
Gp2x have fullspeed (almost fullspeed) GBA emu (on 230+mhz)

But I doubt that 3D games like 007:NightFire and Dooms will be playable

no full gba emulation? that makes me D:

Would be cool that GPH got some bigger developers to make games for them...I mean, the Wiz is more powerful than the PSP (and obviously the PS2)...actually, it's more powerful than the Gamecube too, the only thing that may not be too powerful is the GPU...but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure Playstation emulation should be mostly full speed in it judging by how PSX emulation on the GP2X is almost playable, besides at 534mhz AND it being overclockable.

I have a question now, isn't that when you convert a Playstation ISO to EBOOT to play it on the PSP, isn't the PSP playing it natively and NOT emulating it? because that might be why games run at full speed with no glitches and that's what I heard, but I may be wrong I don't know.

PS: Been here before a million times but I just registered so this is my first post!

To be sure, you should ask Dark_AleX, if there's anyone outside Sony headquarters who can answer your question, it's him.

But if I might give it an educated guess, the PSP is far too slow to do a full PSX emulation fullspeed. Just look at the emulators on the PC, you need a pretty powerful PC to do a decent PSX emulation.

And after all, PSP stands for PlayStation Portable. So I think, although the PSP is different from the PSX, it's not too much different. And Sony emulates the differences and runs the similarities natively.

I also think that creating a custom PSX bios, which has all the calls for PSX games but runs natively on the PSP, gives the emulation an enormous boost. And if there's anyone who can write such a bios while retaining full compatibility, it must be Sony as the creator of both machines.

Back