What Should I Have On My Memory Card To Load The Roms?

when I open the the removable disk drive, this is what is in it. 4 folders; one called emulators, one called roms and the drmdv5 and squidgesnes folders that are zipped. The emulators folder has the 2 emulators extracted in there. The roms folder I put the extracted .smc files into and nothing happens or shows up when I click on the games and then sd memory on the gp2x.

from squidgesnes 0.34 readme.txt

Installation

============

Choose a directory on your SD card and unpack the archive directly to it. Copy roms into the "roms" directory.

Note that the "skin" and "roms" directory must be present in the same directory as the executable (squidgesnes.gpe)

First of all, you don't need the zipped emulators on there.

Right, I'd say your problem is just one of menu navigation... Have you actually booted up the emulators? On the GP2X menu, after you select Games and then the SD card, you then have to navigate to where you unzipped the emulator and select the .gpe file (e.g. squidgesnes.gpe).

Once the emulator starts, do whatever it says in the readme.txt to tell it where you put the roms.

For SNES, you may have to select/deselect "Use absolute ROM paths" in the option menu to be able to choose your own rom directory (otherwise it will look in <your SD structure>/squidgesnes/roms/).

For DrMD, the menu will allow you to navigate to wherever your roms are stored, then there is an option to save that information so you don't need to re-do it every time.

Good luck!

Well, it's possible that your GP2x isn't recognising the SD card. I have 2 sandisk cards that are identical and yet no matter what my GP2x will only recognise one of them.

nywriter21 posted on Aug 28 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
I think I am just going to sell it, I can't get it to work

Good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
k3nn posted on Aug 28 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
nywriter21 posted on Aug 28 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
I think I am just going to sell it, I can't get it to work

Good idea.

Did you know that he said that because of what you said?

Just letting you know..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back