What the heck is MegaGP anyway?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I keep seeing a metnion here or there, but what exactly is MeGaGp anyway? A new game releassed on MegaGP... is it a delivery service for downloading games, or ... who knows what? :) It appears to be Korean only, as peopel lament that the MegaGP games aren't available. And Dungeon and Guarder is on MEgaGP.... so I'm curious what its all about :)

jeff

According to GP32News, 'JoyGP, the international MeGaGp will be opened during the second half of april.' :)

devilman posted on Apr 3 2003 said:
According to GP32News, 'JoyGP, the international MeGaGp will be opened during the second half of april.' :)
Sounds good. But what *is* MegaGP? :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm far from an expert, but I believe you're basically correct in that it is a delivery service for downloading games. They sell games cheaper there then you can buy them on SMCs (due to no deliver costs and no SMC costs for the companies). As most of us have one (or several) large SMCs, the thought of getting games at a much more reasonable price is exciting.

I believe the problem is the current MegaGP is not only in Korean, but requires a Korean Social Security Number (well, their equivalent, I suppose). Those more knowledgeable, please add/correct things.

MeGaGP, as Arutha said, is a site from which you can DOWNLOAD games directly onto your SMC card for a low price.

That about sums it up.

Oh, and there's been rumours of there being an international version to be released fairly soon (ie. within the month, though knowing Gamepark, who knows?).

Back