What The...?

danny404

Still Fresh
Hey everyone,I'n new here, and was just wondering some stuff about the GP2X. I got a psp back in march, but I didn't like it and sold it. While I did have it though, I tried my hand at emulating and, to be honest, was crap at it. It was really confusing and I wasn't sure what to do. Since I've decided to get a GP2X, I just wanted to know how hard it is to emulate games onto it? Of course, since its not even out yet you'll have to base your opions on the GP32. Any help appreciated. :)

Well yeah seeing as it's not out yet it's tough for anyone to say. Although it' seems the biggest hurdle to using it for the people who create the emulators is figuring out how to use the dual processors efficiently. Granted a lot of the stuff that works fine on the GP32 like the 8bit emulators and the Genesis/MD emulator could probably run fine off just one of the CPUs so that's atleast a start.

Official Emulator Usage Guide:

1) Read any text files, i.e. readme.txt first!

2) Copy emulator to GP2X.

3) Copy ROMs to GP2X.

4) Play games.

;) Seriously, that's about all there is to it. Even on PSP. Just always do step 1.

Yeah, the GP2X was designed with homebrew / emulation in mind, so getting emulators running on it shouldn't be as tricky as it is on PSP.

... and welcome to GP32x!

Well actually the PSP does involve a couple of extra steps. like making sure you have 1.5 fw and then there's the Kxploit tool and add the whole "download a disk image and rip MP3s" step for playing Neo Geo CD games.

I can understand his dissapointment.

Back