What vidya gaems are you planning on playing/emulating?

Buttshark

Still Fresh
So I'm planning on pre-ordering a system from the next batch, and I was wondering...

What kind of games are being developed, and/or what games do you plan on emulating when you get yours?

I'm planning on playing Duke Nukem 3D to test out the controls for FPS(s?), then I'm going to see how well Steam will run on it.

Why the heck would you want to run Duke3D on Steam anyway? It can be ported directly for Pandora.

For me, definitely any PSX game if it is true that it runs at full speed in software rendering. And I have some NES and SNES games of course. But I mostly hope for a N64 emulator someday. That would be great.

Snes, Nes, genesis, GBA, Ps1 (a few games inc FFVII, MGS)

Will play as many titles as possible over the next year on the pandora with said consoles.

Well, one of the things I'll be doing is investigating mods for Quake 2 and 3... there's been a decade or so of modding them since their respective releases, so there's bound to be some very fun ones indeed.

Then I might well re-play the Broken Sword series, since this will be a system that can play them via ScummVM in the right resolution, once it's been ported, anyway.

Then maybe a couple of the various Snes and psx RPGs that I've been avoiding for the last few years specifically so as to be able to play them on a mobile either for the first time ever, or for the first time in years. Xenogears, Tales of Phantasia, and Chrono Cross spring to mind, and possibly Tactics Ogre.

And then I'll wait for news from Svartalf as to whether he was able to persuade the Linux Game Project to let him bring things like Ballistics across.

Actually I want to play some old C64 and Spectrum games on a handheld. Specifically:

* The Sentinal
* Lords of Midnight
* PSI Warrior
* Quake Minus One
* Zoids

I have a box in the loft of these (and some others), originals. hell even a boxed c64 and spectrum about the place but running them on a handheld is what i want to do (though I think a couple of them could be re-vamped to the DS style touch generation and be re-released).

First game will prob have to be ff7 for the 100th time, love that game. But I imagine I'll spend alot of time just surfing through old games i've never played and trying out the newest ports or games that someone got running through dosbox or what not. In all reality I could honestly spend a life time with all that's available already on the pandora.

A ton of SNES games, uniracers?
Some PS1 games
Deceptor for C64
And I can hope that maybe someday a lynx emu will be available..

I'm hoping to play a number of c64 games on this, so I hope a C64 emulator materializes soon. I also plan on playing a lot Infocom games as well, either through an emulator or, more preferably, through a native zMachine interpreter.

Don't laugh, but I have a hankering to play Operation Stealth on it.

Be ace to have those old sierra games (and sierra style) on a handheld with a keyboard.

Aside from that, FF7, 8 & 9. Loads of Amiga/Atari St stuff.

PERSONAL NIGHTMARE! That'll certainly get a spin.

I'm kinda looking forward to playing VICE, the C64 emulator, with that proper keyboard in place.

I know C64 never made the list of emulated systems, but I swear I saw someone claim in the GP32X forums VICE was being ported.

I'm pretty keen on playing some PS1 emulation as well. My wife was a tester for a couple of commercial PSX games (She's in the credits!), would be cool to get them up and running on the Pandora.

Well, the gp2x pretty much covered all of my nostalgic console needs.

On the Pandora I would love to see some of the classic adventure games of my youth, like Gabriel Knight, Police quest 4, Quest for Glory, King's Quest 5, Shivers, Myst, Return to Zork...

I really hope that there is enough interest in these games that developers work towards making them playable on the Pandora. So far, people just don't seem to care about resurrecting these classic games on portable devices :(

Anyway, congratulations to all involved in the development of this device! This is a truly amazing thing you all are doing!

Back