What Was Your Gaming History?

kingoddball said:
Baron - You got your DSi XL.... you mentioned all others....
Still got your GP2X F200?
Happy birthday

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Baron said:
kingoddball said:
Happy birthday

Yeah, dude.. It's sitting under the bed unused.

kingoddball said:
Red Baron said:
kingoddball said:
Happy birthday

How much are you asking for it and what is its condition
please reply

Red Baron said:
kingoddball said:
Red Baron said:
kingoddball said:
Happy birthday

please reply [[[[via email]]]]

You should edit your post and remove your email address..

I'll email you now if you want.

Condition = Good
Price = $ Not Much :D

It's just the console no packaging :(

kingoddball said:
Red Baron said:
kingoddball said:
Red Baron said:
kingoddball said:
Happy birthday

please reply [[[[via email]]]]

You should edit your post and remove your email address..

I'll email you now if you want.

Condition = Good
Price = $ Not Much :D

It's just the console no packaging :(
Thats cool thanks

I am sending it now.
Just let me know and I'll ether find it or leave it under the bed ;) ;) :gp2x

A friends atari 2600
Game and watch donkey kong
cheap imitation game and watch type electronic games
an MPT-06 arcadia 2000 clone rebadged as a tempest MPT-06
Schools apple IIe
neighbours C=64
friends PC
Arcade games
my own used Vic20
my own Amiga 1000
Gameboy
PC
N64
PSX
xbox
GP32
PSP
etc...

I think I might add to this list.

Consoles only:

(First to last: COMPUTERS (X86/Windows) DO NOT COUNT!!)

Atari 2600
GameBoy
Sega Mega Drive
Sega Mega CD
Sega 32X (combined into one MAD UNIT!)
Nintendo SNES
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
PSX
Xbox
PS2
Sega Master System
NES (ripped apart to make NES-PC)
Sega GAMEGEAR
Nintendo GameCube
Sega DREAMCAST! (I have two right now! LOVE 'EM!)
Nintendo DS
PSP
Xbox 360 (had about 5 of them)
PS3
Wii
GP2X
iPhone 2G (good for games (pre OS 2.0)
iPhone 3G (as above - Great for games)
(One day the Pandora might get released and be added to this list)

Yes, I am a MASSSSSSSSSSIIVE SEGA FanBoy!

It's an odd timeline, I know.

I may add more to this list.

Edit: I have a feeling I used to have an Atari Lynx, but I can't be 100% at this point, so I'll leave it off the list.

I'm also not adding 'revisions' or anything. Like PS1 (slim), ps2 slim, ps3 slim (had phat and got slim. F**K the YLOD). GameBoy, GBC and the smaller GB I have not added either. Just base consoles.

I know I'm a noob here - waiting for my dingoo in the mail - but I feel compelled to participate.

First gaming I can remember is Atari 5200 - jungle hunt and pigs in space were my favorite
Then:
NES
SNES

Then I got a sega master system from Toys r us - the one with alex kid built intot he console, played a lot of Where in the world is carmen san diego on that little machine.

Playstation - playstation was weird to our family, we hated the long load times and traded for a N64 after about a week
N64 - Hello Goldeneye. I used to play multiplayer me versus my little sister and 2 of her friends - good times

I never really bonded with any console after that as I had become involved in PC gaming around 2000. Mainly playing C&C Renegade and Wolfenstein ET. I owned a gamecube, PS2 fat and slim and an xbox. The only game I really got into was Morrowind on the xbox.

I got back into consoles when my comp started to get long in the tooth. I won a 360 on Engadget.com and have since been playing MW2.

One thing I'd like to say - I always envy the old dogs who talk about how they learned to write programs on their sinclairs or appleIIe or commodore 64s or whatever. I wish I had been into computers at such a young age, computer seemed simpler then and it seemed like the people of that era really were able to dig deep and learn all about their systems whereas now everything is so complex and there are so many distractions on the internet,

In school I learned how to quickly trash an apple IIe by running "poke" inside a for loop. Good times, I can't remember anything else.

Neighbors down the street had intellivision. They had football for it, it was cool.

Then we got an atari 2600 with TankPong. I remember playing Defender with the neighbor kid. We rolled it a few times together, we would switch between who hit the fire button and who controlled the ship. I remember playing original wolfenstein on a neighbor's Franklin computer with an amber monitor. And I remember playing MULE on a C64 that another guy had in the neighborhood. Also a little Archon, too.

Big haitus, my parents never had a computer and the 80's were still pretty much computerless in the schools. I totally missed the whole nintendo revolution.

I picked up Wolf3D in college and played that all through finals week and after that original civilization for a bit. Then came Steel Panthers and the beginning of *modern* gaming: half-life and diablo followed later by quake3, unreal tournament and then urban terror.

I bought a gamecube (first console for me since the 2600), then a dreamcast (guess which one got more play??). I got a DS and PSP but never played those too much.

Nowadays the gamecube gets the most action, I want my girls to learn 3d spatial controls by playing pikmin and chibi-robo.

I always tell myself I'm going to do some handheld programming, but I just don't really have the time anymore honestly. Family and house are pretty demanding.

My wife put my dingoo in a "safe place" so it's been missing for a while now.

1)Atari 2600 - $200 in 1980!!!
2)Intellivision - Never liked the controls but it had the first home video games with speech.
3)Coleco Adam Computer - Touched it like twice. Was used more by my brother
4)Commodore 64 - Introduced me to Bard's Tale, Wasteland, AD&D games. Spilled can of soda on it, that was that!
5)NES - Zelda, Mario 'nuff said!
6)Sega Master System - Still liked Nintendo better.
7)SNES - Still played this thing alongside PSX
8)Sega Genesis - Still liked Nintendo better.
9)Atari Jaguar - Didn't own too many games for it since it didn't have too many good games.
10)Sega Dreamcast - The one time I liked Sega better than Nintendo
11)Nintendo 64 - Cool system IMO, Zelda & Starfox kicked ass!
12)PSX - Believe it or not I was the only person I knew that wasn't crazy about it. Probably because I was exploring alternate realities without the use of video games. Although, they do go together quite nicely sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13)Compaq Presario something or other - Had Windows ME. Kill me now!!!!!
14)Play Station 2 - Still own and use
15)X-Box - Still own but never use
16)Game Cube - Bought mainly for Zelda anthology
17)PSP(Hacked) - Scene fell apart, rarely ever touch it.
18)NDS Lite w/CycloDS Evolution - Still buy games for this. I love RPG games!
19)X-Box 360 - Love it!
20)PS3 - Bought it mainly for God Of War 3, which rocks BTW.
21)Wii(Hacked) - Used mainly for emulation. Some retail games are cool though.
22)Didn't mention the PC's I use now as I build them myself and other ones that were liberated by my IT friends!! Won't bore you with the specs of any of these.
23)MAC - Never owned but do want! Can't justify the cost.

^Have you hacked your Xbox original? I'm working on mine right now. And how big was the PSP scene, might I ask? Are the still good resources around? I'm considering it...

Jourdy288 said:
^Have you hacked your Xbox original? I'm working on mine right now. And how big was the PSP scene, might I ask? Are the still good resources around? I'm considering it...

No, I never hacked my X-Box though I did read a little about it. What's all involved with it? Isn't there some hard mods you have to do to hack it?
Sure, there's plenty of recources out there provided that you have the right model. What's yours, phat, slim 2000 or 3000? There's also alot of tutorials so it's pretty easy to do.
The scene itself is still there but most of the people in it are only interested in what you can give them. Everyone just wants this and that and it's normally just so they can pirate retail games. Bunch of greedy little parasites, ask Exophase, he'll tell ya. He's been a big name in that scene for years.

Didn't mention it my post but I also have a Wii that's hacked. Great for emulation!

I don't own a PSP, but if Isee one at Goodwill it's nice to know there's hacking resources, homebrew, etc. for it.

Just remember that it has to be a phat or an earlier 2000 model. These are fully hackable but the later 2000's and the 3000's are only partially hackable and even that depends on the firmware version. My brother-in-law recently bought a 3000 and wanted me to hack it for him but it had the latest firmware on it so he's SOL.
The Go's are a no-go, at least for now.

Hacking an original XBOX:
Softmod:
You need a blank CR-RW (Verbatim is preferred).
One piece of software: Bert and Ernie (google)
and some time reading google.

Or to hard mod. Get a $20 modchip (maybe less), grab a bunch of pin headers and then solder TWO wires.. Done.

Edit:
The PSP scene is still going on, just not as good as when the old phat was around. Fanjita was the MAN!

kingoddball said:
Hacking an original XBOX:
Softmod:
You need a blank CR-RW (Verbatim is preferred).
One piece of software: Bert and Ernie (google)
and some time reading google.

Or to hard mod. Get a $20 modchip (maybe less), grab a bunch of pin headers and then solder TWO wires.. Done.

Edit:
The PSP scene is still going on, just not as good as when the old phat was around. Fanjita was the MAN!
Thank you, I'll be hardmodding (although I might let my dad do the soldering :p )
And I have the feeling I'll be finding a PSP quite soon, too, I'll keep my eyes open.
Any recommendations for what to install? I still do want use of Xbox originals, while being able to use it for a media server, DVD player, etc. I'm considering XBMC.

Jourdy, I recommend you do a software mod just because it's cheaper and much easier. Then again, I'm not sure if you want to do the hardmod to get soldering experience or something. Get XBMC as it lets you read data DVDs, which is good for watching movies and TV shows on an Xbox. You should probably get all of the emulators and roms you can, maybe even get Super Mario War. How big is the hard drive on the Xbox? I used to have all of my games saved to it so I needed no discs.

I'm looking to put all my games onto the HDD, along with my movies, music, etc., as sort of a media jukebox. I have the standard HDD now, but I'll soon put in something much larger, so I decided to go full on with the hardmod. Maybe even a new case.

^ Report back here with what mod chip you use and how it works. My nephew had one XBOX with a broken DVD rom and one with a flaky HD. I had to combine all the working parts and now have one that needs a new DVD rom and HD, and that can't be done without a modchip.

I've done some research but every time I read about a modchip I want to use it turns out its not made anymore or I can't find it. I want use a modchip that will both make it possible to run Linux and be able to use a different DVD rom and HD and still be able to play Xbox games.

My gaming history:

1. I started off the with Atari, it was my older brothers but I can remember when the game market crashed and the carts went down to $2 a piece at our kmart, fun times, most new games I ever had the privilege of opening at once, it was like 20 or 30 games, can you say 'overload'?

2. At the same time we played a lot of the Comador64, my older brothers again but man that was a fun system. I liked Conan the Barbarian and Mail Order Monster, you bought a monster and then fought it in an arena and used the winnings to update it.

3. We were kinda poor for a while so we didn't get a new system until the NES came out, my little brother and I played it from when it was new until it was dead. It was really exciting for us, the other two systems we played were dead at the time and we usually got used games at the DI complete with missing manuals or missing disks, but the NES was new and every Christmas there was always an unopened NES game under the tree for us. We also played that after death and I remember a lot of NES games that others never heard of because the SNES was out, like Little Samson, still one of my fav games to this day!

4. Sometime between our NES and our SNES my older brother gave my little brother his Genesis because he got a computer and was into only those games. My older brother was moved out of the house and married by this time. I didn't play the Genesis much, we had a lot of games for it but non that I liked. We had Sonic 1 and 2 and later my brother got Sonic 3 but that was about it.

5. SNES, my all time fav system, I got it a little later and bought it with my own money. I got it with the The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. This is my second fav Link game, my first being Ocarina of Time but Link to the past was the first game I got 100% of everything on. Good game. I also had FF3 and Super Punch out, both great games, and logically rented a lot, but I'm dragging this on as it is.

6. CDX and Nomad, both Sega systems that I had pretty close together, the CDX being on sale and I got it for a CD player mainly, it took double As. Nomad showed me how much I loved Genesis games, they seemed so much better in hand held form. I had Shining Force II and Phantasy Star IV, I want to finish those series when I get my Pandora. I also almost passed Shadow Run, want to give that another shot with my Pandora also.

7. I also got a Game Gear, loved it, had the most games I bought myself out of any system up to then. I had a lot of the sonic games, Columns, Chakan: The Forever Man, Defenders of Oasis, Krusty's Fun House, Star Wars, and a ton of others, but like I said this is dragging on. I hope there is a better emulator for the GG and Master System on the Pandora than there was the GP2X, I didn't play it much because of the weird button set up and I could never get the way I configured it to stick.

8. After these systems something died in me and I just didn't like games that much. Sure, we had the PS and the N64, I played Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil but didn't love games like I used to. Then something magical happened, at school I met a kid that built his own computer and I was blown away by QuakeII, I soon built my own and got that and the holy grail of games as far as I'm concerned:

Half Life

Half life was not a game for me, it was a game system in it self. Out of any game I ever played before or since Half Life stole more of my time. I passed the original game numerous time but the silver lining were the MODS. There were so many mods for it, I played the Barny mod, the night of the living dead mod made by PC Gamer. I used to even know the modders and scripters names, but right now can only remember mDave, if that is correct, something Dave.

So for me when people say PC gaming I think Half Life over every game. I played Blizzard games, id games, Command and Conquer, the Baldur's Gate Games, Medal of Honor, and many others but they are just so insignificant in my life compared to Half Life for me I've just given them a mention.

9. I'm at a point in my life where I just don't have time for games. I find hand helds convenient now, my GBA, SP, GP2X, and DS have all seen lots of play time if only for a few moments at a time. I'm really looking forward to my Pandora, my GP2X was the closest I ever got to childhood gaming in my adult life and the Pandora just seems like it is a system that is more polished than the GP2X was. I don't think I'll ever regain what I had as a kid, but I do like playing games with my nephew a lot, he's 9 now and I see him get excited over new games like I did when I was a kid. I wouldn't have a DS if it wasn't for him, and I only play it when I'm around him. I'm thinking of getting him a Pandora for his birthday just so I can show him the games I used to play. As I'm not married I don't have kids of my own, or any I know about, so maybe I'll have kids so I can really play games again. Circle of life sort of thing.

Back