What Work And What Not

newmark

Still Fresh
I get my Gp2x today,

first i have noticed is the poor cd without any source (where is the kernel source they HAVE to give us? and the mplayer source?).
I installed everything i found,

libSDL (all goes well)

Quake hexen etc (i don't find any wad, so i didn't tried)

Snes it works, but it's really slow, i can play with dragon quest VI but PGA tour golf it's reaaaaally slow and more, syndicate and GON freeze up. No keys conf is possible (not really a problem on snes, you have 4 button more than original)

NeoCD, i have one rom but is an ISO and there is no way to load it inside but, that's sure my fault.

USB, on one XP it's not recognized, on another one is recognized but no disk was loaded, linux (as usual) all goes ok, only a little trick, exit from usb connection BEFORE on gp2x, and after umount on the PC, if i umount first gp2x freeze.

SD my 2 1Gb is recognized, also mine 512Mb.
(but i cant' use it with my Toshiba libretto, on linux toshiba does not release the driver (neither the spec to write a driver) and on win it's not recognized.

Video, play well, i try also an indeo and it does not work, but any divx works fine without any desync or slow problem.

Audio right also this, i tried 128 196 kbps.

Text (only txt files)

TV out (no cable inside package)

batteries, till now my 2200mA works after 2 hour, on the screen they say to me 50%, really nice.

after all, after the first day, i'm really happy of this toy, and i become more happy when i get my hand on firmware source and kernel source, because THEY HAVE to give us that.

Glad to hear you're happy with it. It sounds great, i can't wait for mine to arrive (should come any time now....)

leave the source grabbing to the proffessionals, i'm sure i read somewhere that there's a project to get the source from gph and that gph says they will release the source after they've completed the initial production run and have fixed a couple bugs. I'm sure craig and others are trying their hardest to get it, it'll just be a matter of time.

And just hope noone is too keen to have GPL license enforced before they release. Because if I've understood correctly, right now, they are in violation of the GPL... It would be bad if GPH get into real trouble now... bad for them, and bad for the customers (us) But lets not turn this thread into *another* GPL moan.

Back