What Yours?

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
I'm looking for a free ;) music player on the PC. I used QCD Player for a long time but am just wondering if anybody has recommendations.

oops, must be compatible for a windows 98. My computer sucks...

well, what about winamp 5.03? Im using it with the MMD3 skin in winshade mode, and it rocks.

get it here: www.winamp.com

Winamp, loads of plugins to control it however you want or have it small enough to tuck away in a bar somewhere. I used to have buttons on my browser to change track etc.

Winamp5.03 with classic skin. It's like I never upgraded from 2.80. :blink:

I been using Winamp for like 5 years. Never had a reason to use anything else, especially not media player. X| I also use XMMS on my Linux box.

Anox posted on Apr 22 2004 at 10:27 PM said:
I'm using WinAmp 2.80 It's just great. It uses almost no memory and doesn't bug up all the time. I've tried Winamp 3 and 5 but none of them really could convince me to delete 2.80.
I am quite sure that Anox is not me. He thinks the same about WinAmp as I do, though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not free but I use Sony's Sonicstage that came with my MD player. About as flexible as a piece of marble, but it outputs sound and a much higher (sounding ) quality.

I use mainly Deliplayer (completely configurable... well, you need some time, but's it's YOUR interface :))
It plays over 230 formats (mainly all those all Amiga formats :)) and automatically extracts from ZIPs (so you can put your SPCs, MODs, etc. in zip files).

For some other (not so unique) formats (like PSX or PS2 music files) I use WinAmp 5.0

And for MP3s I usually use my iPod :)

Back