Whats The Best Emu For Sfa?

pixeldotz

Still Fresh
i'm thinking about getting a gp2x within the next 2 wks.

ive been reading up on the emulators and media capabilites of the gp2x. my only question is, is there any emus that support the street fighter alpha series?

I'm not sure about SF Alpha, but the Genesis emulator DrMD runs Street Fighter 2 full speed. GNGeo2X, the Neogeo emulator, also runs a lot of detailed fighter games full speed, such as The King of Fighters, Art of Fighting, Breakers, etc. Not to mention that the GP2X button layout is ideal for fighter games.

I wholeheartedly recommend your purchase, the GP2X has a lot to offer, and it's literarly just getting started. We are very lucky to have such great developers in this community!

- Alex

pixeldotz posted on Jul 5 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
i'm thinking about getting a gp2x within the next 2 wks.

ive been reading up on the emulators and media capabilites of the gp2x. my only question is, is there any emus that support the street fighter alpha series?

CPS2=no

XD

Last edited by a moderator:
i would *love* to see the CPS2 system emulated on the GP2X. The specs of this great system don´t seem to be much different to the neogeo... would it at least be possible to emulate it on the GP2X?

greetings

I think you refer to SNK vs Capcom. I wish Marvel vs Capcom will someday be playable on the 2X though...

- Alex

You can do better than the alpha series on the Neo Geo, trust mn. I used to just okay like 2d fighters, then I played KOF98. Everything about the KOF series is grest. Great individual characters, great music, great stages, bosses that make you lose your faith in god. they are the whole package.

Phil posted on Jul 5 2006 at 11:26 PM said:
You can do better than the alpha series on the Neo Geo, trust mn. I used to just okay like 2d fighters, then I played KOF98. Everything about the KOF series is grest. Great individual characters, great music, great stages, bosses that make you lose your faith in god. they are the whole package.

Hear Hear

KOF rules and that Samurai Blade? the name has escaped me somehow (too much beer) the one with Hamimaro? (butchery of the spelling)

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 5 2006 at 06:40 PM said:
Phil posted on Jul 5 2006 at 11:26 PM said:

Hear Hear

KOF rules and that Samurai Blade? the name has escaped me somehow (too much beer) the one with Hamimaro? (butchery of the spelling)

Samurai Showdown with Haohmaru

*bangs head against wall

You should also try Last Blade... both series have stolen Rurouni Kenshin anime!

I think it might be possible in the near future to get decent CPS2 emulation. That's something to really look forward to. Other than that, the PSX emulator is coming along nicely; it has some decent ports of the Alpha series. Keep in mind good speed with this emulator is not possible at the is point as it's unfinished.

I want to comment that the SNES version of Alpha 2, while a great technical achievement, was a very poor port of the game. I play in fighting game tournaments (www.shoryuken.com, among others), and I can tell you with authority that until very recently, every version of the Alpha series has been imperfect except the original arcade games on CPS2 (the Saturn versions have been close though). With the release of Alpha Anthology for PS2, we have finally seen a perfect version of the Alpha series (though due to emulation of CPS2).

Lol, if a perfect CPS2 emulator came out, hundreds if not thousands of players from the fighting game community would be all over the GP2X.

Jaguarandine posted on Jul 5 2006 at 11:30 PM said:
Lol, if a perfect CPS2 emulator came out, hundreds if not thousands of players from the fighting game community would be all over the GP2X.

And then complain about the joystick =)

GP2X is not for fighting games people...

Shikaku posted on Jul 5 2006 at 08:39 PM said:
Jaguarandine posted on Jul 5 2006 at 11:30 PM said:

:)
USB controller support is close. Overall though, there are just way more positives than negatives. I'm thinking about making an annoucement now, seeing how fanatastic Neo Geo support is coming along. :lol:

Shikaku posted on Jul 6 2006 at 03:39 AM said:

Hm, are you using a Mk2? I found fighting games to work great with the new stick. Hadokens on SF2, no problem. Although, maybe it wouldn't stand up to some super-furious fightin'...

gaterooze posted on Jul 6 2006 at 12:53 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Jul 6 2006 at 03:39 AM said:

Hm, are you using a Mk2? I found fighting games to work great with the new stick. Hadokens on SF2, no problem. Although, maybe it wouldn't stand up to some super-furious fightin'...

Yes, USB joysticks would be fine with a BOB, but I wouldn't play it with the GP2X joystick that's for sure =)

Back