What's the current turn-around time for RMAs?

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
As topic title -

Need to send mine away soon, as the screen is going purple (identical symptoms as here). It's annoying as hell, it really is.

So how long can I expect to have to spend pandora-less?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the same problem (going purple and heading towards the PToD path), but I haven't RMA'd mine yet, because I'm scared that the turn-around times will kill me...so I ordered a Premium. :)

Really the only way to know will be to email OP and ask how busy they are at this time. turnarounds have varies from a few days to a few weeks.

There's the email response/reply turn-around time to consider as well. :(

Indeed - It's not at a stage that I can't live with it; I just have to nudge the display and it fixed itself for a while. The screen has developed a noticeable "wobble" - it stays upright, but wobbles a degree or so quite freely. It's this wobble (which happens whenever the unit is move, like when I press a fire button rapidly) which usually causes the screen to go purple...

So yeah, I may just ask how long it'll be for a replacement unit. It's a shame, I've just gotten back into developing for it.

D.

Ed can fix them pretty quickly now, and with the new LCD cables too.

Ok, so am I sending it to Germany or to you? If I do send it back, am I depriving someone in the queue of their Pandora?

D.

I've sent an email to ask ED, but if I have opened the case (I had to fix a button), then I can't send it back to get the purple tint fixed, right?

I've sent an email to ask ED, but if I have opened the case (I had to fix a button), then I can't send it back to get the purple tint fixed, right?
You can send it back, but if they strictly uphold the warranty you may have to pay for the repair cost. But remember that these are real people you are dealing with, not a faceless company, so just be honest about what you've done to it and I'm sure they'll do their best to help you.

You can send it back, but if they strictly uphold the warranty you may have to pay for the repair cost. But remember that these are real people you are dealing with, not a faceless company, so just be honest about what you've done to it and I'm sure they'll do their best to help you.

Yeah, that's what I kinda figured. I'm totally willing to pay the repair cost. Now I'm just dreading the weeks/months that I'll have to be without it :(

Yeah, that's what I kinda figured. I'm totally willing to pay the repair cost. Now I'm just dreading the weeks/months that I'll have to be without it :(
I doubt it'll be that long. The latest updates from OP seem to indicate that they are producing all of the units that they have parts for, which means that they're probably not flat out just building units. I'd be willing to bet that most of the time you would be pandora-less would be while it is being shipped.

Back