Whats The Deal With Overclocking?

Daggerlee

Still Fresh
ok, i know all emulators start with 200 mhz clock. do i have to change this for some games??? What exactly is overclocking. And can i get some games to stop lagging?????

Daggerlee posted on Mar 16 2007 at 12:40 AM said:
ok at i know all emulators start with 200 mhz clock. do i have to change this for some games??? What exactly is overclocking. And can i get some games to stop lagging?????
I highly recommend giving this a read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking

Don't be afraid to ask some more educated questions about that link, that is how you learn, first you have to know the question. Most of the time the question is more important than the answer. (42 :) nerd joke)

Yes, some games can respond to overclocks, but if it is thouroughly unplayable then overclocks of 25% or less (250mhz) probably won't make them perfect. Some units go higher than 250, but don't count on more than that as a general rule.

If it is a trifle laggy then 240-250mhz might just make it smooth enough to play.

Now that many games are using the second processor we are finding that the second processor sometimes isn't as stable as the first, so we need to back down to 230-240mhz in those programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back