GP32 What's The Difference Between These Two Speeds?

I compiled Doom with rlyehs settings (132000000, 0x3a001, 3) and tried it on Eternal Doom 3 WAD which is a CPU killer and runs normally at ~14FPS. With rlyehs settings the FPS display stayed the same but the game ran much faster, talking double speed. The FPS staying the same is probably due to something else so I am ignoring that. The game definately runs alot faster. If anyone wants a test build let me know and ill upload it.

One other thing, my FLU GP32 crashed straight away with these new settings (can only go upto 156 or something), my NLU GP32 (can go upto 256Mhz) ran it fine.

[update] the suggestions of it running at 180Mhz with these settings that would be about right, as to get 30FPS in eternal doom 3 needs about 190Mhz.

[update #2] heres the binary, its a totally unofficial release so please dont post news about it. choose the 133mhz option in the boot menu for the new CPU setting. if it blows up your gp32 your on your own :) click here to download.

I don't entirely understand this thread, but here's my guess - maybe Mr. Spiv can confirm it??

Are we talking here about overclocking the other parts of the GP32? For example in these variations of 132mhz, do some increase the speed of the memory, address bus etc?

(Hence why this might be of use to some GP32 owners - people who have cpus which cannot be overclocked but other 'parts' of their GP32 which can?)

Back