What's wrong with my Rebirth!

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
I can only overclock my GHz 1.222 times the stock cpu speed.  However, my Rebirth can do 1.75 times stock CPU speed (600Mhz)!  So now I'm running it at 1.05GHz for couple days now with all kinds of emulators (PCSX-ReArmed, Drastic, Panmame, whatever I throw at it) and it runs just fine, no single crash and it is running just as good as the overclocked GHz.  so what's wrong with my 600MHz Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
you got lucky - the quality of chips variats (600MHz and 1GHz are tested and guaranteed clock speeds)

My Rebirth only clocks to a stable speed of a little over 800MHz

Doesn't sound like a problem with the rebirth unit, you get the same clock speeds as I do..

As for the 1Ghz... even though it's running at the same cpu clock speed, the memory / GPU clock speed is much faster than the older units and will still have better performance even if set to the same cpu clock speed.

Doesn't sound like a problem with the rebirth unit, you get the same clock speeds as I do..

As for the 1Ghz... even though it's running at the same cpu clock speed, the memory / GPU clock speed is much faster than the older units and will still have better performance even if set to the same cpu clock speed.
I hear you.  But my Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black 2 run the same on my Rebirth and GHz.  So now I basically have 2 Ghz units!  Good that I traded the Shield for this Rebirth! :)

Edit: Just uped it to 1.06GHz and still running...

^ well if you give both a more demanding task, the 1Ghz would most likely have the better performance..

I have a three models and know that there are some cases the Ghz has better performance at the same clock speed.. first example comes to mind is DOSBOX and the game blood.. It's a slideshow on my Rebirth cranked to 1040mhz, it's more playable on my 1Ghz even if set to the same speed.

I can clock my CC unit to mostly stable 950-1000 MHz, but it is still slower than GHz units because of the other updated components as gpu and ram.

You don't really get a GHz unit from that but as Trashy said, you are lucky. The Rebirth edition is not guaranteed to overclock that well. I don't know of any Pandora that cannot be operated at a stable 800 MHz with OPP 5 though.

I can clock my CC unit to mostly stable 950-1000 MHz, but it is still slower than GHz units because of the other updated components as gpu and ram.

You don't really get a GHz unit from that but as Trashy said, you are lucky. The Rebirth edition is not guaranteed to overclock that well. I don't know of any Pandora that cannot be operated at a stable 800 MHz with OPP 5 though.
I am.  My Rebirth is OPP5 and is at 1.06Ghz running PCSX-ReArmed about an hour so far and no problem :)

Try the cpu stress test if you want to be sure. My ReBirth unit can do 999MHz with the stress test, but if I clock it to 1050MHz it can take quite a while before something goes wrong in normal use.

Try the cpu stress test if you want to be sure. My ReBirth unit can do 999MHz with the stress test, but if I clock it to 1050MHz it can take quite a while before something goes wrong in normal use.
Mine too.

I believe mine was 990 or something like that when I ran the stress test.. generally I don't blink an eye at running it at 1Ghz since chances of things messing up are slim.

I didn't run CPU stress on this thing, but I run mine at 1.05Ghz for days now doing everything no problem!  So I guess I've hit a rare species of Rebirth :)   So I don't care about CPU Stress :)

Well I could run mine for days at faster than that.. but especially running neon code, corruption could happen.. although what happens when it does may be something odd like funny looking graphics or a system freeze, it depends on the program being used.

Run this cpu stress test Notaz created.. http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.overclock_test.notaz

Keep it running over night and see what your stable clock speed should be.

Back